1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Whites with silver gene?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mhwc56, Nov 12, 2010.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Songster

Aug 5, 2010
    my house in maryland
    i read a recent post( sorry but i cannot remember which post..hence the new one) that was talking about the silver gene or whatever that is in some whites. Which whites? How do you tell the difference ? and who has some ? [​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am eliminating some birds to find a culprit on some silver lines, it's more of shine..Not understanding why it's looking different than the other whites. Going to put it with a different bird to test something out. The silver is popping up now, maybe? Not sure....I am sure someone will share once they get a good breeding stock.

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Songster

Aug 5, 2010
    my house in maryland
    Quote:so what does the"shine " look like compared to a non silver line? the other whites more creamy or...?

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I updated the genetics page I worked on...gonna make it into a BYC page I think with pictures.

I am not going to say more with my guy because I really need to experiment with him and see what I am looking at here...if I can get a good pic maybe I will post it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by