1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whites with silver gene?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mhwc56, Nov 12, 2010.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i read a recent post( sorry but i cannot remember which post..hence the new one) that was talking about the silver gene or whatever that is in some whites. Which whites? How do you tell the difference ? and who has some ? [​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am eliminating some birds to find a culprit on some silver lines, it's more of shine..Not understanding why it's looking different than the other whites. Going to put it with a different bird to test something out. The silver is popping up now, maybe? Not sure....I am sure someone will share once they get a good breeding stock.

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:so what does the"shine " look like compared to a non silver line? the other whites more creamy or...?

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I updated the genetics page I worked on...gonna make it into a BYC page I think with pictures.

I am not going to say more with my guy because I really need to experiment with him and see what I am looking at here...if I can get a good pic maybe I will post it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by