Whiting True Blues - Do they go Broody?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Neolones, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Neolones

Neolones Chirping

May 11, 2016
    Hi guys,

Could not find much online. Are Whiting True Blues a broody or setter type of bird? I do not want broody girls, so looking for non-setter birds.

Thank you.

2. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Crowing

Apr 25, 2009
    I'm hoping some current owners chime in! Just ordered my 10 to be here may 14th. I know I read on their website it was a bird bred to lay many blue eggs, so if they say shes a good layer, she can't really be a good setter. Looking forward to those blue eggs!

Neolones likes this.
  3. RWise

RWise Songster

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    Aren't these a cross between Cream Legbars and White Leghorns? One could look at what the parents do and get an idea.
    I have a pair of pullets called GEMs (same thing) just over a year old, they like to hide their nest out, so my thought would be they will go broody.

4. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Crowing

Apr 25, 2009
    Ugh, I LOVE broodies.. Have 2 right now, but can't say I'm too happy to hear that lol. I was under the impression that they are leghorns in ameracauna's clothing from what their website says. I know hatcheries can often mislead, but they've always been my go to hatchery...good quality so far.

Neolones likes this.
  5. Chasenmy6

Chasenmy6 Hatching

Aug 18, 2018
    So far our WTG’s and WTB’s haven’t gone broody. They’ve only been laying a short time but they’re laying every day and after they’re out of their boxes running around chasing squirrels and bunnies.

stuckinthecity likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: