Whizbang Plucker with Feather Chute??

heymikey

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Hey Folks,
Has anyone here built a Whizbang Plucker that incorporated a bottom on Feather Chute? I could sure use some help designing one. I have posted this same question on the Yahoo Whizbang forum but there are only a few users and noone has answered my question. If you have pictures too that would really help.

TIA

Anyone?? If you haven't built a chute for your Whizbang, Do you have any ideas based on your use of the plucker. I'm starting from scratch so I have no idea of how the feathers flow out of the plucker.

I haven't built one, but I am familiar with them. The feathers normally fall out the gap between the bottom plate and the side wall. You can put a bottom on it (or just leave the bottom on the drum you are using for the body) and then flip some plucker fingers upside down in the bottom plate so they just touch the bottom. These upside down fingers will get the water/feather mix rotating and sling them out wherever you decide to put the chute.

Quote:
Thanks, That helped allot.

I had searched "Whizbang" and "Feather Chute" and didn't find that thread. Those terms weren't used anywhere in the post. That is one awesome machine. I have to say Herrick Kimball may have started a revolution with the Whizbang! His book is truly one of the best written design books I have ever seen. Very clearly written. I haven't had a moments trouble following the instructions. It's also great to see folks like "Wally" take it a step further.

For what it's worth, I thought about doing the shoot, but didn't end up doing it. They drop out pretty nicely from the side of the featherplate though.

I am sure it is a transformer can. I read it somewhere. I couldn't find one so I bought a 200qt stock pot and it is working great! It is 23 1/2 dia and 27 high.

Here is a pic of it

15924_6y8k9946_copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom