Whizbang Plucker

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by JJSmith, Jan 29, 2008.

1. JJSmith

JJSmith In the Brooder

Sep 12, 2007
    We are hoping to make a whizbang plucker, we are at a loss to find a motor for it, what do you recommend and where would you get it?

2. Motel Chix

Motel Chix In the Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Central Indiana
    Hello,
    Most older washers have a V belt motor. They can be mounted in any position to hold the pully in position.Some may have a pump on one side and pulley on the other. Just tip them over and look for one that will work.
    You should be able to find a free one on craigslist.com or a local junk yard, Some Menard Lumber stores have old appliances in the back of thier lumber yard for sale for $9.00
    Good luck

3. Tractor Supply Company (TSC), Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Farm Tek

4. thornberryvillage

thornberryvillage In the Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Quote:I NEVER buy anything new if I have any other option. I used a pump mptor out of a scrap hot tub.

Bob

5. marko15

marko15 Songster

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    I recommend a 3/4 horse motor or bigger, mine is powered with a 1/2 hp and it does fine with chickens but is a little underpowered with turkeys, I could sell you my plucker if you lived closer

[​IMG]

6. RepoBob

RepoBob Songster

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Marko, nice plucker. I want to build one this summer. My roomie is a Master Junk Collector, he has a Phd in it [​IMG] , so I have all the parts. I very much liked your design and would like to copy it. Could you please post a picture from the top down so I can get an idea of how the fingers are placed.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Just seen where you lived Marko. Brought back memories. I was a Marine recruiter out of Pittsburgh. Worked in McKeesport back in the 70's. Lived in Elizabeth, if I remember right Liberty was just up the road.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  7. tberggren

tberggren Songster

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    Quote:I might be interested, how much you want for it??

Theresa

8. marko15

marko15 Songster

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    I need $450.00 for it, and to answer the other previous question about liberty, as far as i know there are 3 Liberty's in Pa, My Liberty is in Tioga County, I know of another liberty close to Pittsburgh, I'll try to post a couple more picts of the whizbang

9. marko15

marko15 Songster

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    [​IMG]

10. marko15

marko15 Songster

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: