Who Can Resist Spring & Funny Chicken Faces? PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CoopDelisle, Apr 24, 2008.

1. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    I guess I can't. I went out for a walk-about in the yard this afternoon and took my camera along to get some pics of a few of the things in bloom, and a couple of my chickens. They make me laugh just looking at them. Thought you might enjoy...

Cecile Brunner Rose
    [​IMG]

Double Delight
    [​IMG]

Janet

[​IMG]

Janet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Love the pictures!

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I just love Double Delight roses! In fact, my avatar is a Double Delight! Apparently we have similar taste in chickens too, as I have 2 SS pullets that are 7 weeks old today! Thanks for the pics!

4. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Love your roses and your chickens! I have 2 5-day-old SS. I thought they would be my favorites and I do love the color, but they are very stand-offish, so far. The RIRs on the other hand are the friendliest by far. They come running right up as soon as they hear me coming toward the brooder and climb right into my hand. Of course, it's still early days. Maybe the SS will warm up to me. Are yours friendly?

I've always wanted a Cecile Brunner, but I have terrible luck with roses! [​IMG]

Susan

5. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I ALSO LOVE LOVE LOVE the double delights! They are absoloutly GORGEOUS!

I love your chickens too!

6. CoopDelisle

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Quote:Thanks, folks! I have three nine week old SS. They don't like to be held, but they will come near my legs when I squat down, just to see if I have treats! My barred rocks and my EE babies (5 wks) are my sweetest chickens so far. And one of the Welsummers, which was the runt of our first group, loves my DH. He calls, she comes running to sit on his lap! What is really funny is after they have gone in their coop for the night and are on the roost, I come up and pet all of them, and they sound like a xylophone with each ones
    different voice sqeaking as I touch them. For some reason, when they are sleepy, you can mess with them, even my EE named Alfraida (because she has always been the fraidy cat!)

7. GoodEgg

GoodEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    NW Florida
    I have a SSH, and she's a bit flighty. Not very friendly. The others pick on her though, so that can add to it.

My barred rocks are the most friendly.

I was looking for "friendly" chickens when I first started though, and I read so many posts on here about it. What I seemed to discover is that people's experiences vary a LOT. So you really can't seem to generalize too much.

Still, I'm hoping my buff orps will turn out to be sweet and calm, as almost everyone else's seem to be. So far the light brahmas are neither sweet nor calm, as they are often said to be.

trish

8. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Beautiful roses and chickens!

What is that gray and white/black and white hen?

9. CoopDelisle

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Quote:Thank you all. Yes, the Double Delight is wonderful and smells divine...everytime I smell it I think of my rose-loving grandma.

The white and black chick in the last pic is a Roo...and the one behind him, I think a roo, too. I posted pics to ask what the opinion was, but not one person guessed. Oh well.

10. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    You're roses are simply gorgeous! luv the funny chicken faces too....don't just wish you knew what they were thinking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by