1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who Did This?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gamebirdboy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Two of my hens just went broody, and right now I don't have a rooster with those hens. The roosters I have are still in the grow out pen. I have a Buff Orpington that is my favorite, and a little black hen. Who Did this??? One of you is to blame, I know it! All the people having broodies made mine do it! [​IMG] Oh yeah, and the heat index is 104 tomorrow! [​IMG] I can't buy eggs off BYC, and I hate ebay. Looks like I'm gonna have to check craigslist. [​IMG]

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Want me to mail you some eggs? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gamebirdboy

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    What kind? [​IMG] Last time I got eggs on a facebook swap they were turkens. [​IMG]

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] What, turkens aren't your thing? How about EEs and mixed layers?

5. gamebirdboy

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I'll have to talk to you about it a little later, first I have to see if there is room in the basement for the broody's. [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    In spite of what others like Gritsar or Ranchhand may tell you, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. (Although I did try to send several out lately. Darn that broody GPS.) [​IMG]

7. gamebirdboy

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Quote:You're safe for now. But I'll keep my eyes on you from now on. Like this... [​IMG] So, I talked to my parents and the only way I could find to talk them into letting me get eggs was to show them pics of more silkies. So, anyone have white silkie eggs? [​IMG] Funny thing is I promised myself I wouldn't get anymore eggs this year. [​IMG]

8. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Quote:SOURLAND DID IT! Sourland's the reason why my Midge and Lily are broody too! [​IMG]

9. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I'm so jealous! I want a broody!

10. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Quote:TAKE THEM PLEASE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by