Who does webpages??? Or knows how???

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by MandyH, Apr 15, 2009.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I am wanting to do a webpage for our small business but have NO clue where to start or what to do. Any suggestions or advice would TRULY be APPRECIATED!!!!

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Yahoo used to have a very simple point and click pagebuilder on their geocities site, but I can't use it anymore.

Godaddy.com is supposed to have very userfriendly point and click page builders as well.

And there is always Microsoft Frontpage.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I hope someone replies, I would like to know this also.

4. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I was where you were a few months ago. Go to www.godaddy.com. I went there after it was suggested to me by a tech buddy of mine. There's super easy templates to use, and you can use their hosting. I'm paying about $50 a year for their whole package.

5. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Quote:I never built a webpage before and had no clue where to even start. godaddy is sooooooo easy.

You can see my website by clicking the link to the left.

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

To those of you using GoDaddy.com:

I was thinking of upgrading my website from the free geocities site to a GoDaddy.com hosted url, but I was kind of hesitant because everything looked like it was preset with templates.

Can you adjust, or make your own pages without using one of the templates?

7. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    It is template driven, but the templates are flexible. The template I used was for a horse farm, but I replaced the horse backdrop with a picture of the Tennessee hills that I pulled off of the web.

8. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    My daughter and husband do website design. They just set up my website/blog and I use www.wordpress.com and then have it hosted thru www.bluehost.com. I really don't understand how it all works, but its about $80 per year and really easy to use. Click on my website to the left here and you can see the look. Kinda fun to do! Totally addictive, especially when you have ducks for subject matter! Daughters site is www.sheamediaco.com.

I am sure there are a lot of options out there, but wordpress and bluehost seem to be their favorite. Hope any of that helps! Good luck!

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I do some web design. Feel free to PM or email me. I've done web design off and on for several years. Some of my work is in my siggy.

I'm currently working on my new online store/business www.mitchellgrace.com

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by