Who done it??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bubbazmommy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Today was a 4 egg day!!!! Woohoo!!!

But I don't know who did it. [​IMG] DO I have to stay in the coop all day to figure it out or is there another way?

Am I the only one that doesn't know?

Two of the eggs today were huge. I have never seen eggs that big. [​IMG]

2. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    You will probably find that the huge ones are double yolks. That's what I have found. As for who is laying you would need to have them seperated or how about a video camera on those girls ?

3. bubbazmommy

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    i told my hubby i needed to put out a camera. maybe he will come up with something. [​IMG]

4. bubbazmommy

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    how do they become double yolks? is it unusual at all?

5. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    I don't know but I have 4 RR and they have been laying for about 5 weeks or so. About once a week I get a huge egg and it always has a doule yolk. IM new at this so don't really know if it's unusual or not.

6. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Ohhh I like who done it's..... either you sit in there all day or get a camera and record them !!!! If it matters that much to you !!!!

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I just blamed my squatters...lol....the squatters got extra attention...i think that due to the fact that they were the only ones we could catch

9. Chicken Woman

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    I have been getting 4 eggs everyday from my 4 RR' for about 7 weeks. None from my 7 banties. Same age.

Today I had 4 regular size eggs and the cutest little tiny bantie egg ! Who did it out of 7 ? I don't know but I think I will spy on them. Although it is pretty cold in the morning here in Montana !!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by