1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who else belongs to the 'Hunting Season Widow/Widowers Club'? ;)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Camelot Farms, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Well, its opening day of Bow Season here in SWVA....

Guess I'll go buy some chickens to keep myself busy...lol

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I would be a member... if I had a spouse... but Bill and I have decided to have a long engagement [​IMG]
    Bow season started October 1st here... I haven't been out yet- but I'm set up and ready to go [​IMG]

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I gave mine a threat - bring home a deer that I will have to clean and put up in the freezer, and I'll go buy more chickens!

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I do. But I don't mind. I love eating fresh meat. I even enjoy processing the kills. It was always a festive occasion for us growing up, and it still is for me.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I always hated hunting season because the DH would be gone every weekend for months-then a 10 trip with all his "boy" relatives. Last year I totally got into it-and when time allows-if the kids are with people-I join in the hunt! I love it and it has definately brought us closer together-for xmas last year he bought me a whole outfit-camaflouge-to go with him:) Im not allowed on the 10 day trip though:-( our DD's bdays have always been within those 10 days too-but after 15 years Im used to it by now...

6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I guess that I am lucky ... hubby doesn't hunt...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I should add that Dh is NOT and never was a sports guy as far as football and such on TV and he busts his butt all the time so when this season approaches I look at it as a vacation time for me cooking big meals and alot less cleaning until the day before he gets home:)

8. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    My daughter really wants to go hunting but her dad just isn't that into it. I might ask her Uncle to start taking her.

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    He and his brother went out today for the first day of archery. The came back with empty hands. He had to go to work, but his brother went back out. I am ready for venison. My dad has been promising me venison for the past few years and I never get any. Now I'm guaranteed at least a little bit of venison from SOMEONE in the family, lol. Hopefully next year I get to go out!

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    *sigh* Sometimes i wish my DH hunted. It'd help fill the freezer and i looove venison! [​IMG]
    Can i borrow one of y'alls men? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by