1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who Else Did NOT Roast a Turkey Today?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birch Run Farm, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Mmmmmmmmmmm [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I swear I died and went to heaven today. This ham was from a sow raised by a sister BYC'er and then cured and smoked locally (Vermont Smoke & Cure).

SUCCULENT is the best word to describe this ham. Tons of left overs. I will bake some bread tomorrow for a ham sandwich.

[​IMG]

Anyway, many thanks to my friend for raising this pig, you done good!

2. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    We had ham also and are now cooking a fresh raised chicken

3. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    NO TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is down right unAmerican. You need both ham and turkey. Since we had a BIG group I was lucky enough to have both. 21 lb turkey and 12 lb ham GONE. No turkey soup this year:hit and only enough ham for ham and eggs in the morning.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I did not make a turkey today ...we had left overs...but thats cause i am canada...lol i had my turkey in october... [​IMG]

5. NurseELB

NurseELB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Having Thanksgiving on Saturday... That way my brother can go to his in-laws today, and DH can also enjoy with us as he got stuck with working ALL the holidays this year [​IMG] Today is prep day. IE: us girls get together today at moms. Mom sews for her dolls, sister cross stitches, and I'm stuck in the kitchen doing the prep work!! That's okay, though. At least I know it's done right [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I, personally, didn't roast any turkey today [​IMG] Though I did eat some [​IMG] I would have rather had ham... Mmmmm. Those sandwiches sound yummy!

7. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i didnt roast a turkey i deep fried one [​IMG] it was soooooooooooooo good

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We live on the night schedule; even on Thanksgiving. We had a late breakfast (as in 2 PM) and there are rib eyes on the grill as I'm typing this.
    We'll have a ham on Christmas, the one day of the year we are forced to join the daytime world.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I didn't! We are having our dinner on Saturday so today I made 3 pumpkin pies, 1 apple pie, 2 batches of fudge, 8 dozen chocolate chips cookies and applesauce. Oh and I boiled the eggs for deviled eggs.

10. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I'm with Kesta! No Roast Turkey! We deep fried one, AND I made Beef Wellington!! YUMMY! Beautiful beef Tenderloin covered in Puff Pastry!! Delicious!

Have a Great Holiday!
    Tina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by