Who Else Did NOT Roast a Turkey Today?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Birch Run Farm, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Mmmmmmmmmmm [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I swear I died and went to heaven today. This ham was from a sow raised by a sister BYC'er and then cured and smoked locally (Vermont Smoke & Cure).

SUCCULENT is the best word to describe this ham. Tons of left overs. I will bake some bread tomorrow for a ham sandwich.

[​IMG]

Anyway, many thanks to my friend for raising this pig, you done good!

2. plester01

plester01 Songster

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    We had ham also and are now cooking a fresh raised chicken

3. panner123

panner123 Songster

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    NO TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is down right unAmerican. You need both ham and turkey. Since we had a BIG group I was lucky enough to have both. 21 lb turkey and 12 lb ham GONE. No turkey soup this year:hit and only enough ham for ham and eggs in the morning.

4. Dar

Dar Crowing

Jul 31, 2008
    I did not make a turkey today ...we had left overs...but thats cause i am canada...lol i had my turkey in october... [​IMG]

5. NurseELB

NurseELB Songster

Oct 16, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    Having Thanksgiving on Saturday... That way my brother can go to his in-laws today, and DH can also enjoy with us as he got stuck with working ALL the holidays this year [​IMG] Today is prep day. IE: us girls get together today at moms. Mom sews for her dolls, sister cross stitches, and I'm stuck in the kitchen doing the prep work!! That's okay, though. At least I know it's done right [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I, personally, didn't roast any turkey today [​IMG] Though I did eat some [​IMG] I would have rather had ham... Mmmmm. Those sandwiches sound yummy!

7. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i didnt roast a turkey i deep fried one [​IMG] it was soooooooooooooo good

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    We live on the night schedule; even on Thanksgiving. We had a late breakfast (as in 2 PM) and there are rib eyes on the grill as I'm typing this.
    We'll have a ham on Christmas, the one day of the year we are forced to join the daytime world.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I didn't! We are having our dinner on Saturday so today I made 3 pumpkin pies, 1 apple pie, 2 batches of fudge, 8 dozen chocolate chips cookies and applesauce. Oh and I boiled the eggs for deviled eggs.

10. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I'm with Kesta! No Roast Turkey! We deep fried one, AND I made Beef Wellington!! YUMMY! Beautiful beef Tenderloin covered in Puff Pastry!! Delicious!

Have a Great Holiday!
    Tina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by