Who else got a great Mother's day gift?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by yellowdragon, May 12, 2008.

1. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    [​IMG] Just wondering who else got something chicken related....I got a new coop. It's 8 x 8( still underconstruction) It'll have 4 windows( from an old barn), And I'm making a separtion 4x3 section in the coop for my free range bantys. I am so happy. My other chickens are heavy breed hens so their run won't have a top but it'll be about 23x20 fenced it. Cool Huh [​IMG] .

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I got a picture frame that you put your camera card in and it diplays the pictures. I have like 250 pics of my chickens on it and it hangs right by my computer [​IMG] It also plays videos and music. It can hold like 2000 photos. I love it [​IMG]

I also got 36 mater plants and about that many pepper plants. We got 16 planted mudded in yesterday. Seems like all it does is rain here and when it isn't then the ground is always muddy and never gets dry before the next rain comes [​IMG]

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I too got a coop, kinda...LOL We're going today to pick up the shed that will become my new chicken coop [​IMG] I also got free time to myself and got my pond lined with stone and went morel hunting with my mom. Had a decent haul [​IMG]

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I got a baby chick. My eggs started hatching yesterday. It was early but they are all doing great. 7 chicks 4 pips so far this morning.

5. yellowdragon

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    I hope your mom posts pics soon. I need pics [​IMG] . I have never been so happy (well I have, you know what I mean)

6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Thankyou so much for the eggs. Hatching them has been so cool.

7. yellowdragon

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    When do you think you would want more eggs? Just give me about 5 days notice and I can give you a nice clutch of eggs

8. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I got to clean out the coop!!! [​IMG]
    I think there's an "L" on my forehead!!But I can't get it off!!!!!! [​IMG]

9. yellowdragon

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    Hey that sounds cool too. Anytime spent on chicks is worth it

10. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I got 12 Ameraucana eggs yesterday. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And I put them in the bator last night.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by