Who else has a broodathon going on in their dining room?

Skittlez

Songster
9 Years
Jan 29, 2010
Rockford
I swear my daughters silkies and cochins are secretly ganging up on me. First broody was Wilma, white silkie, in a pet porter in the dining room. 4 days later, it was Cochin, blue cochin, in a tote tub in the dining room. Then the ducklings hatched 1 week later. So, in a large tote, 4 ducklings in the dining room. 4 days later, it was Betty brooding, black sizzle, so in the dining room she came in her own special box.

I have to bring them in because I don't have any way to partition off their coop. This way I can keep an eye on them and make sure they eat and drink.

Wilma hatched 2 babies, 1 week later cochin hatched 5 babies but would not stop brooding. The eggs I gave her had been in the incubator, so she only sat about 2 weeks when they hatched. Her broodiness went so deep, she still wouldn't move. She was not showing the babies how to eat or drink. She wouldn't lift her body enough to let them under her, they had to really squeeze. So, I gave Wilma cochins babies, and gave cochin more eggs. Betty's aren't due for 2 weeks, she is sitting on 10.

I only have one more silkie left in the coop with their roo, but I have a tote and a spot in the dining room reserved with her name on it.

I have a big room in the basement I split in 1/3's. Ducklings in one part, Wilma and babies in one part, cochin in a tub with more eggs in the last part. So all that is left in the dining room is Betty.

When we bought this house, I loved the big dining room. Finally had enough room for a table and chairs. Now I know why I loved the dining room so much, it's big enough for us and a broodathon!

Who else has a broodathon going on?

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Not a broodathon, but I am a newbie with 8 chicks in a cardboard box on my dining room floor (which happens to be sporting concrete flooring because we're in the middle of a kitchen remodel).

So - I support you in the great endeavor. Rock on.
smile.png

- Kim

I don't feel so crazy now! This is great! I found my village!

A very special village at that!
wink.png

RGBistro
Today 11:12 pm

Not a broodathon, but I am a newbie with 8 chicks in a cardboard box on my dining room floor (which happens to be sporting concrete flooring because we're in the middle of a kitchen remodel).

So - I support you in the great endeavor. Rock on.

- Kim

Hee Hee, thanks!

I was starting to wonder how strange I really am and what can I possible be teaching my children. It's always funny when friends stop over and say "Whatcha got in the box?" Ummmm-CHICKENS!

And it is always funny when they need to use the restroom and find ducklings in the bathtub!
ep.gif

how about my living room....its a broodathon here, once the first batch of chicks from this year(10) moved outside the next batch then 2 weeks old(14) moved into the porto-crib, which we call the chickertainment center, you can see in the sides unlike the large boxes and they are way more entertaining than the tv. Soon they will be in their coop and the last batch 2 weeks old now (8) can move from their oversized box in the dining room
smile.png
The cat thought he was in heaven at first...we dont leave him alone with them but he will sit for hours infront of the crib lol

Back
Top Bottom