Who else hasOld English Bantams?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantamman13, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    I have Barred,Silverback and some mixed mutts but these are by far my favorites they have so much character one little roo meets me halfway to the barn everyday to get his treat which is normally a slice of lightbread. Just wondered who else has this great little breed.

2. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I have a trio of hens and a roo. They are silver duckwings. My dh got them for me b/c I HAD to have some bantams. Honestly, I regret asking for them. They are mean to my other chickens, the roo has spurred my 2 yr old. Maybe I got some bad ones, i don't know, but I was disappointed. My dh had to build them their own little coop. [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I have 7 oegb. The hens are mixed and the roo is Wheaton, soo pretty. They are not friendly, but will eat out of my hand and are not at all mean. They have their own pen & coop, I keep them separate from my free range BR's because I have a hawk problem and have lost a couple. I love mine and would hate to be without them. [​IMG]

4. bantamman13

May 27, 2008
    Minna sorry you have had a bad experience with yours mine are freerange except my breeding pairs and they seem to interact alright with my other birds and have never been aggresive towards anyone.

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I have two trios of OEGB fawn duckwings that I wish somebody would come get. They are in their own pen and serve no purpose but to eat more than they weigh.

6. bantamman13

May 27, 2008
    If your ever in the Knoxville area bring them up be happy to take them. lol

7. MandyH

If you are ever down MS way, please come by and get them. They came from a man that sells OEGB show chickens.

8. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    Kristen, you live close to me.........

9. MandyH

Would you like to buy 2 trios of OEGB Fawn Duckwings?????

10. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I just have one little white roo who I just LOVE to pieces! Wish I had a little hen for him [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by