1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who else hates being addressed as Ms

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaSB12, May 14, 2011.

1. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    I know its petty but it really irritates me when I get stuff addressed to Ms PaulaSB12 its Miss not Ms. Ms sounds like a demented bee and I aint one of these.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I really hate being addressed as ms-- guess that's because I'm a guy.[​IMG] Once caught a ration of bull for addressing a woman at work as m'am. I did ask her if she would prefer the "b" word.[​IMG]

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:seriously? you showed her respect by addressing her as "ma'am" and that bothered her? What was her reasoning behind such a reaction ,did she say?

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't like being called m'am... Only cause it makes me feel old. I swear I'm not old yet!! I think when someone says Miss, it make me feel younger agian.. "Sigh" I seem to be getting ID'd less and less often [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  5. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Well, I'll tell you I hate being called M'am.... makes me feel old. [​IMG]

Miss works....... but my name is Melissa so it's not far off! [​IMG]

6. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:seriously? you showed her respect by addressing her as "ma'am" and that bothered her? What was her reasoning behind such a reaction ,did she say?

I hate being called Ma'am. It makes me feel old. Probably the same reason for her, I know a lot of women don't like it. Having said that, I would never give a guy a hard time for it, it is traditionally respectful, but I do *silently* cringe.

7. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    I usually ask to not be addressed that way.

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] All within ONE minute, three of us typed that being called Ma'am makes us feel old. Guess there's your answer mhwc56.

9. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:lol, That's funny!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

I hate being called Ma'am. It makes me feel old. Probably the same reason for her, I know a lot of women don't like it. Having said that, I would never give a guy a hard time for it, it is traditionally respectful, but I do *silently* cringe.

She was a generally unpleasant person who was apparently having a particularly bad day-- not unusual for her. Professionaly she was great to work with. It was just her attitude that stunk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by