who else here's a vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tinychicky, May 11, 2010.

1. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    hey, i'm a vegetarian (i have been about 5 years) and i was wondering who else here is, too? i don't like that some people would eat chickens even after getting a flock of their own! also, who was a vegetarian before they got their chickens and who became one after? just curious....
    btw, if yur not a vegetarian, look at this link and you may become one.... activist link removed. Please see the rules

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. RachelFromTheBlackLagoon

RachelFromTheBlackLagoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Wallingford, CT
    There are many vegetarians here. Do a search and you'll find several rather large threads.

I stopped eating red meat and pork when I was 9 years old and stopped eating poultry when I was about 13. I'm less than a month short of 26 now. I have only had chickens for a year.

3. AnastasiaY

AnastasiaY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I'm a vegetarian and have been for about 3 months. I was vegetarian for two years and stopped for about 6 months. Now I am a proud and healthy vegetarian once again. I got chickens after.

4. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    reference to deleted link removed

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  5. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    I've been a vegetarian for 2 years. Plus, I'm raising a little vegetarian. He hasn't even tasted meat [​IMG]

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i still eat my own hen's eggs (but not any store-bought ones...) and see nothing wrong with that! (if i had a cow, i'd only drink it's milk, too, cause i'd know how it was treated)

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. AnastasiaY

AnastasiaY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Everett, WA

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  8. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I keep my own chickens for a supply of eggs. It makes me feel good to know that the eggs I eat are from my own birds and that they have been treated well. I have had chickens for about 25 years. I have been a vegetarian for about 3 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by