Who else is doing the passover fast?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenmum, Apr 12, 2009.

1. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    The week of unleavened bread. No toast, no buns. Matza.A bit less to eat, but I'll live. The week after passover we fast for a week from leaven. Before passover we clean get the yeast and yeasty foods out of our pantry and fridge and stuff, the yeast symbolizing sin. So we are supposed to get it out of the house and fast from yeast for a week. Passover commemorates God freeing Israel from the Egyptians and passing over the doors with the blood on them, not killing their firstborn. For us it has a Messianic significance. Jesus saved us from our "Egypt" which is sin. The blood on the doorpost.

Who else does Passover?

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We celebrate Passover because we are Jewish. For us, things have have leavening are removed from our house, but not because it symbolizes sin.

3. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    Me me I am!! First time doing the 7 days. Each year we get more into it/all the holidays as we learn more.

I think I know what is symbolizes for a Jew but because amazingly (jk) I am not always right and I am involved in teaching Christians about the Jewish heritage we have (umm yea Jesus was a Jew you would be surprised how many people do not realize this) He celebrated passover! Please share more of its meaning to you as a Jew. In the Bible it says to so I think Christians should. I have to say I feel like I should be missing something but not really missing the bread.

4. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:L'chaim Potterwatch!

Phyllis

5. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    We celebrate Passover because we are Jewish. For us, things have have leavening are removed from our house, but not because it symbolizes sin.

We do it in remembrance of the flight from Egypt--so fast that there was no time for bread to rise! We honor our ancestors' sacrifice and remember the perils they faced. That's what the Seder is about.

Rusty​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by