Who else is going crazy waiting?!?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gumpsgirl, May 24, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Geez! This is driving me out of my mind! I sit and stare at my eggs all of the time. Everyone in my family thinks I am insane! I can't even stop thinking about them hatching while I am out shopping. Today while I was in Sam's I thought I was going to hyperventilate! No lie! This is terrible and I'm only on day 8!!! [​IMG] How in the world am I going to make it to day 21?!?!

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Hey gump, we are here to help you. It will be alright. Just sit back , take a deep breath, and tell us all about your insanity. [​IMG]

Remember you gave me eggs and I am only on day 5, get it day 5. And I have to turn them every 5 hours. But its O.K. I am not in hyperventilation mode yet.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  3. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Just you wait Angela! It gets really bad! I truly am going crazy waiting for them to hatch!!! It was so much easier driving to the farm supply stores to just pick the chicks up! [​IMG]

Oh yes! I forgot to add that the place I used to work called me and asked me to come back to work in June. Do you know what I told them?!?! NO WAY! I've got chicks that will be hatching in June! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Your so funny. [​IMG] I laughed so long I forgot what I was gonna tell ya.

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Please [​IMG] do not get out the finger nail file! [​IMG]

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Try waiting 28 days -

7. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Wow, [​IMG] Miss Prissy that makes me feel a little better! My broody is on day 23. She has been on the nest for 28 days though, we had to wait 5 days for Cynthia to scramble [​IMG] and send some eggs.

Ellie

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Please tell me what you had to wait 28 days for, so I won't ever go there!!! I hope it wasn't the guineas, because that's what my sisters want me to hatch next.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Everything but chickens is 28 or more days. Guineas, ducks, turkeys, geese, pheasant etc - except muscovy ducks - they take 35 days. Some banties take less but I don't raise those.

10. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Oh mercy, MissP! Maybe my nerves won't be as bad after this first hatch. [​IMG] I guess my biggest problem is the not knowing. Are the majority of them going to make it or not? That's soooo nerve wracking! I hope and pray that most of my Blue Orps. make it anyways. So does Speckledhen! She'll tell you the same! [​IMG] Those will be my biggest prize of the hatch. Don't get me wrong. The Delaware's are important too. I just want some Blue Orps. soooooo bad!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by