Who else is sick of having to remember a bazillion access codes?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pumpkinpup, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have gotten to the point where I have so many different user ID's and passcodes that there is NO WAY that I can possibly remember them all! It's a huge annoyance to be locked out of an account when you mistakenly enter what you think is the correct code. I'm just sick of numbers and what not being attached to everything I do and cluttering up what little brain space I have left [​IMG]

2. dahlia333

dahlia333 Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Portland
    Definitely. Also sick of every store having their own savings "reward" cards you have to sign up for....or you don't get the discounts. [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I have all my usernames and passwords written down in a sealed envelope along with instructions in a hidden place that only my husband knows.

I also have them written down where i can access them when I forget a password.

4. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

Quote:This is what I do too. If I had to remember all that, I'd be afraid it might push out other vital information ........like....where I live! Lol!

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I second this one!!!

Also, automated attendants!!!! Can I not speak to a human who can understand me when I talk and who will know where to forward my call if they can't help instead of wasteing an hour beating my head against the wall fruitlessly????? [​IMG]

6. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I had thought about this but it makes me uneasy to have it all in one place like that. [​IMG]
    Maybe I'm paranoid, lol.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Then, you have your SSN, your DOB, your License #, Phone #s, Addresses, Pin for Debit Card... the list goes on. Lots to remember!

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I just use the same password for everything! [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Not very secure... And especially not a good thing to advertise on a world-wide website that anyone can see. [​IMG]

I memorized a list of random characters, and have a certain part of the string that I change for each site I belong to. Only I know which part changes and how. Every site I visit has a different password, and they all appear to be random. The best thing is, I don't ever have to write down a password because I know the "key" to my own code. [​IMG]

10. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Quote:geek

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by