Who else knits and/or refashions clothes?we need a BYC club 2!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, May 7, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep seeing stuff for the crochet club. I'm a knitter. Anyone else? I also like making my own clothes...refashioning t shirts into dresses and old man pants into halter tops and what not. Anyone else down with this?

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe I should start a group for each...

3. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Sorry to be off topic but, you won a prize?

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    What did you win??? Inquiring minds want to know [​IMG]

I knit! I keep thinking of refashioning clothes, but the most I have ever done was to lop the legs off a pair of my daughter's jeans that were too short and sew some fabric on to make a skirt. She never did really like it though because I made it long [​IMG] Kids LOL

Here's the two hats I have knitted so far [​IMG]

This one was for Crane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this was a gift for a lady my DH works with.... baby was a January baby [​IMG] Little mittens too.

[​IMG]

5. Cheekon

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Kinda looks like an elf.....no offense! [​IMG]

6. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Guitartist ~ I love that hat! That is adoreable! I wish I knew how to knit. I posted a link how to learn to crochet on the crochet thread if ya'll want to check it out.

Vamp A Billy ~ What prize did you win? Yes, yes...we want to know! [​IMG] We revamp clothes sometimes to make diff ones, so let me know if you start something.

Maybe ya'll can help teach me to knit & I can help you with the crochet. [​IMG]

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Sweet! I know how to knit a crochet chain w one knitting needle. I can do it with a crochet hook too but I lost mine...we can totally swap teaching.
    I am gonna show everyone how to make a cute little girly shirt out of a big baggy man tshirt.

I didn't really win a prize. Check out the thread...I'm now overrun...does that mean I'm learning alot or I'm on here too much.

8. Cheekon

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Oh now I get it! [​IMG] I want a cool title too! [​IMG]

9. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:After so many post you get a new title. Lucky you..........you won a prize!

So did you check out the crochet learning link I posted? Sounds like you have the chain stitch down already. You can get the hooks at any craft store or wally world. I have some knitting needles that use to be my moms. but I've never used the.

10. LoveKhlassy

LoveKhlassy Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    I Love To Knit :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by