Who else takes their hens on walks?!

Pics

Eddie12109

🌼🐓🐓⚽️
Nov 14, 2020
Hi all!
I own four wonderful hens and I decided that they should see the world so I bought a double-decker stroller (of course it's pink :) )

I try to take two of my hens on walks everyday and I have definitely gotten some attention from it. On the first day after I walked my chickens my neighbor came up to me and asked, "I don't mean to pry, but were you walking chickens earlier??" I proudly said yes!

At first, three of my hens didn't like it and pooped everywhere but now they usually will lay down and enjoy the little walk. They have even met some huge dogs (bigger than my golden retriever) and didn't freak out too much.

I haven't taken them anywhere that is out of the way but I want to be able to take some on walks to parks but that means being taken into my car and then going on a walk and all that, probably a lot of poop and stress will happen so I am going to keep practicing with them to hopefully get them ready!

I understand that many people might find this stupid but they are my pets! I have always wanted to spend more time with them and not always have to be in my backyard to do that so why not take them on walks! My best hen friend, Eddie, is turning 9 in March and has arthritis in both of her hocks. Due to this, she can't walk much and usually will just wait for me to come and visit her. She especially loves these walks and I love walking her too.

I will attach photos of the walks with them!

Attachments

• chickenss.jpeg
    chickenss.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 21
  • chickens.jpeg
    chickens.jpeg
    891 KB · Views: 9
  • chicken.jpeg
    chicken.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi all!
I own four wonderful hens and I decided that they should see the world so I bought a double-decker stroller (of course it's pink :) )

I try to take two of my hens on walks everyday and I have definitely gotten some attention from it. On the first day after I walked my chickens my neighbor came up to me and asked, "I don't mean to pry, but were you walking chickens earlier??" I proudly said yes!

At first, three of my hens didn't like it and pooped everywhere but now they usually will lay down and enjoy the little walk. They have even met some huge dogs (bigger than my golden retriever) and didn't freak out too much.

I haven't taken them anywhere that is out of the way but I want to be able to take some on walks to parks but that means being taken into my car and then going on a walk and all that, probably a lot of poop and stress will happen so I am going to keep practicing with them to hopefully get them ready!

I understand that many people might find this stupid but they are my pets! I have always wanted to spend more time with them and not always have to be in my backyard to do that so why not take them on walks! My best hen friend, Eddie, is turning 9 in March and has arthritis in both of her hocks. Due to this, she can't walk much and usually will just wait for me to come and visit her. She especially loves these walks and I love walking her too.

I will attach photos of the walks with them!
I love that! @Cinnamon11 walks her hens on a leash!

Back
Top Bottom