Who else took the chick plunge! (Pics on post 101)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by yoie, Jan 16, 2012.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I finally ordered my chicks for this year today [​IMG] Anyone else have some fluffies coming soon!! I promised my DH I would take it easy and not order to many, we wanted to double our currently flock of 15 chickens and 4 ducks, but...you know how chicken math works [​IMG] . I ended up ordering 31+ chicks, 4 ducks, and 2 geese. I just couldn't help myself so I have two orders coming, one from Ideal and one from Mt. Healthy.
    So here's what I am getting [​IMG]
    Ideal Order:
    1 Ideal 236 pullet, 1 Production Black pullet, 1 Silver Penciled Hamburg pullet, 1 Golden Lakenvelder pullet, 1 Black SexLink pullet, 1 Speckled Sussex pullet, 1 Rhode Island Red pullet, 1 Delaware pullet, 1 Barnevelder pullet, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet, 5 Ameraucanas (AKA Easter Eggers) pullets, 1 Easter Egger male, 1 Blue Swedish duck female, 1 Khaki Campbell duck female, 1 Snowy Mallard duck female, 1 Rouen duck female, 1 Brown African goose female, and 1 Gray Saddleback Pomeranian goose female.
    Mt. Healthy Order:
    5 Ameraucanas (Easter Eggers) pullets, 9 Dixie Rainbow pullets, and 1 Dixie Rainbow male.
    Now to get our new coops built for our little fluffies coming, good thing they aren't arriving til February 29th, that gives us a little time at least.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    My chicks will hopefully be shipping March 5th. I got English Orps and Blue Marans coming from Fancy Chick. So excited!

3. CarrieW

CarrieW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Durango, CO
    I have 5 Black Copper Marans, 10 Easter Eggers, 5 Rhode Island Reds and 5 Salmon Faverolles shipping Feb 27th from My Pet Chicken. Let the fun begin (again)!

4. crystal195655

crystal195655 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Glenoma, WA
    I have 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Barred Rock, 1 Buff Orp, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 black sex link, 1 red Sex link all coming on Jan.30 Woot Woot, can't wait I am so excited!

5. IslandCrow

IslandCrow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2012
    Spanish Wells, Bahamas.
    Hoping to get my order of sumatra's around the end of feb, cant wait for the lil puffballs!

6. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    I took the plunge in December and recieved my 2 dozen pullet chicks Dec 24th......and just placed an order for 25 black australop pullet day olds and 2 roos to be delivered next Wednesday from Ideal Poultry [​IMG] Not to mention the itty bitties that are in the bator hehehe

7. Bernard P. Fife

Bernard P. Fife Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Alabama
    I got 18 chicks back in the middle of November: 5 Easter Eggers, 4 Golden-laced and 4 Silver-laced Wyandottes, 3 Dominiques, and 2 Delawares. We're still 18 for 18 and hoping for the best for one of our little EE's that's a scissor beak. Although my wife probably wouldn't approve, I've been looking at some hatcheries and getting the itch! :D

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Psshh, I'm doing it the true addict's way -

I've got about 38 eggs in the incubator right now, due to hatch in a couple weeks.

I'm setting another 41 eggs in another week.

Chicks galore. Right at home. [​IMG]

(for those curious, the eggs are various frizzled and/or mottled Easter Eggers, Polish, Olive Eggers, and Araucanas)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  9. Bernard P. Fife

Bernard P. Fife Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2012
    Alabama
    I would love to hatch my own and my daughters would go nuts! One day I'll get there! BTW I absolutely LOVE your pic!! Are those from your hens?

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yep [​IMG] Working on adding to the green collection - Making a link between green and dark brown. I don't have those really nice super dark greenish ones yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by