Who else took the chick plunge! (Pics on post 101)

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I finally ordered my chicks for this year today
wee.gif
Anyone else have some fluffies coming soon!! I promised my DH I would take it easy and not order to many, we wanted to double our currently flock of 15 chickens and 4 ducks, but...you know how chicken math works
roll.png
. I ended up ordering 31+ chicks, 4 ducks, and 2 geese. I just couldn't help myself so I have two orders coming, one from Ideal and one from Mt. Healthy.
So here's what I am getting
big_smile.png

Ideal Order:
1 Ideal 236 pullet, 1 Production Black pullet, 1 Silver Penciled Hamburg pullet, 1 Golden Lakenvelder pullet, 1 Black SexLink pullet, 1 Speckled Sussex pullet, 1 Rhode Island Red pullet, 1 Delaware pullet, 1 Barnevelder pullet, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet, 5 Ameraucanas (AKA Easter Eggers) pullets, 1 Easter Egger male, 1 Blue Swedish duck female, 1 Khaki Campbell duck female, 1 Snowy Mallard duck female, 1 Rouen duck female, 1 Brown African goose female, and 1 Gray Saddleback Pomeranian goose female.
Mt. Healthy Order:
5 Ameraucanas (Easter Eggers) pullets, 9 Dixie Rainbow pullets, and 1 Dixie Rainbow male.
Now to get our new coops built for our little fluffies coming, good thing they aren't arriving til February 29th, that gives us a little time at least.

Last edited:

CarrieW

Songster
9 Years
Apr 12, 2010
Durango, CO
I have 5 Black Copper Marans, 10 Easter Eggers, 5 Rhode Island Reds and 5 Salmon Faverolles shipping Feb 27th from My Pet Chicken. Let the fun begin (again)!

crystal195655

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Glenoma, WA
I have 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Barred Rock, 1 Buff Orp, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 black sex link, 1 red Sex link all coming on Jan.30 Woot Woot, can't wait I am so excited!

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
I took the plunge in December and recieved my 2 dozen pullet chicks Dec 24th......and just placed an order for 25 black australop pullet day olds and 2 roos to be delivered next Wednesday from Ideal Poultry
wee.gif
Not to mention the itty bitties that are in the bator hehehe

Bernard P. Fife

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 8, 2012
Alabama
I got 18 chicks back in the middle of November: 5 Easter Eggers, 4 Golden-laced and 4 Silver-laced Wyandottes, 3 Dominiques, and 2 Delawares. We're still 18 for 18 and hoping for the best for one of our little EE's that's a scissor beak. Although my wife probably wouldn't approve, I've been looking at some hatcheries and getting the itch! :D

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Psshh, I'm doing it the true addict's way -

I've got about 38 eggs in the incubator right now, due to hatch in a couple weeks.

I'm setting another 41 eggs in another week.

Chicks galore. Right at home.
wee.gif

(for those curious, the eggs are various frizzled and/or mottled Easter Eggers, Polish, Olive Eggers, and Araucanas)

Last edited:

Bernard P. Fife

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 8, 2012
Alabama
Psshh, I'm doing it the true addict's way -

I've got about 38 eggs in the incubator right now, due to hatch in a couple weeks.

I'm setting another 41 eggs in another week.

Chicks galore. Right at home.
wee.gif

(for those curious, the eggs are various frizzled and/or mottled Easter Eggers, Polish, Olive Eggers, and Araucanas)
I would love to hatch my own and my daughters would go nuts! One day I'll get there! BTW I absolutely LOVE your pic!! Are those from your hens?

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Yep
smile.png
Working on adding to the green collection - Making a link between green and dark brown. I don't have those really nice super dark greenish ones yet.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom