Who gets married to who?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Charon, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Charon

Charon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    Well I have a blue game cockrel. A golden game cockrel. A orange/red game cockrel. Other cockrels also they don't get wives though lol. So I would like to have my best chance at continuing these colors. Well what chance do I have then? What color hens can I put with them to continue these colors? I heard a black and white make a blue. a red and buff make an orange. But a golden and what to make more goldens? Am I making sense? I have confused myself already lol. Anyway I have all sorts of colors for pullets oranges, reds, buffs, a white one, splashes of various shades. Really would like some feedback from one who does this a lot as to who goes with who.

2. Charon

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
  3. Charon

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    sorry dutch lol

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If you post a picture of them we can help you better.
    In gamefowl there is no color known as, "Golden" unless you are referring to Golden Duck-wing there is also no color known as, "Orange/Red".

Chris

5. Charon

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    lol ya golden duckwing. no known color as orange/red? well must be a new color then eh.

6. Charon

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
    In gamefowl there is no color known as, "Golden" unless you are referring to Golden Duck-wing there is also no color known as, "Orange/Red".

Chris

[​IMG]

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio

Chris

http://images.cryhavok.org/d/2644-2/LOLcat+-+Grammar+Nazi+Cat.jpg

This is a Poultry Forum, not a Grammar or School Forum. I can really care less about grammar.

Chris

8. Charon

Dec 10, 2011
    Drummond, OK
  9. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
  10. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    You can cross your blue (if it is "Andalusian" blue and not self-blue/lavender) with either a black or a splash or another blue to stay in the same color type. Crossing a black with a white will not give you blue. A black can only pass on blue if it is a black that is carrying a blue gene; not all blacks do. White has nothing to do with blue, but splash (a whitish or pale bluish with spots of blue) does. I forget exactly which matings give you what percentage of each color.

The golden duckwing, to keep the color, you will want a hen of the same color.

Without knowing what color it actually is, who knows about the "orange" one...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by