Who gets their Drinking water Delivered?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seminolewind, Apr 1, 2015.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I think my water taste funny. On occasion it's a bit sulpher-y. Common down here. But now my ice tea is a bit sulpher-y smelling.
    Is water delivery expensive?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have no idea about cost, but sulfur water is not good for tea, iced tea, or coffee. [​IMG] And for showering ================

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    LOL. I need bottled water. Showers are not a problem, neither is cooking. It's very faint and intermittent.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My parents got bottles water all while we were growing up. I don't think its that expensive but I'm not sure off hand how much (I doubt they would still get it if it was a lot). Our water is well water but smells like sulfur also. If you let it sit out the smell goes away but it is gross! Before that we had iron in the water so we just don't take and chances.

5. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

have you thought of getting a filter on your kitchen faucet or a pitcher kind for the fridge? that may be easier and less expensive.

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Those things don't really take care of the sulfur though. It just makes the filter super stinky!

7. torilovessmiles

torilovessmiles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2014
    Central West Virginia
    My boyfriend's family has sulfur water, they have both a point-of-entry filter and a kitchen sink filter. I can taste no sulfur now, and I could before they installed the filters. His family use to spend a ridiculous amount on bottled water, but now save a lot thanks to the filters! Bottled water has an absurd markup, and most come directly from public water sources, often without even filtering it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by