Who got hit REALLY hard today?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Oct 28, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My power just came back on after 10+ hours without it.... or I'd have asked before.

I've got 45 mph winds and 12+ inches of snow outside. Trees have snapped like toothpicks and are riddled around my house. This morning at 6am, the chicken run CAVED in. I spent my morning rescuing it. Jake is now back inside the temporary pen until I get netting back on top of the run. It folded like a wet paperbag due to the weight of the snow.

And I've got 6 dozen quail in the bator. I hope they survived, I didn't open it in fear of losing more heat.

Did anyone else get hammered today?! I hope you all are staying SAFE!!!! [​IMG]

2. derby

derby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Boonsboro, MD
    Geez -- and it's only October! We had heavy winds today, but it has been dry.

Derby in MD

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I am in Louisisana and the temp. said 60 on the out door thermostat but it felt alot colder!!!!

I think someone on here said we were going to have a really cold winter ?

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am realxing in my sun chair, it is 88 degrees here today with clear skies. I really got hit real hard! I wish it would cool off.

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Not as bad as you but 2/12 hours of no elec. 3" of snow and some strong winds.

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

the sun hit us hard today,, in the mid 70's ,, man i dont miss the snow sometimes [​IMG]

7. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    We got an inch or two of snow yesterday, but it all melted today.

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    boy. That fat man in the red coat might not visit texas if it will be that hot in december lol <<to the1much

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]..[​IMG]

10. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    It never got much above freezing here today and the wind just pounded us all day but nothing but snow flurries thank god!
    I went and bought a bunch of straw and piled the bales around the coop to break the wind. The chickens couldn't have cared less, the wind never bothered them at all...go figure.
    I HATE WINTER!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by