Who got there 1st eggs this Christmas Eve and Christmas

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by xcsports, Dec 24, 2010.

1. xcsports

xcsports Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    we just got our first egg ever today from our lavender ameracauna bantam blue green larger than the store bought larges who else got a christmas present from ther chickens

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  2. hunterblu123

hunterblu123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Yep mine just laid there first egg today

3. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    My EE started laying today, it was awesome to find our first green egg!

4. Kristina93

Kristina93 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Me! Me!!! I got my first egg on Christmas Eve morning from my Barred Rock and the second from her Christmas Day morning (2am... yeah yeah..I was up wrapping presents.)

We have a heat lamp on in there for them since we do have a 3-4 week old silkie in the coop as well at the moment. (Christmas present to Great Grandma who lives with us.)

I'm so excited! The eggs are still small, but I hope they get bigger in time. I'm going to use the 2 I have in our pancake batter in the morning!

5. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    Got my first egg from my Wellsummer today! DH opens the window in the morning when he gets up, then I usually go out a bit later to chat and bring them a treat. This morning I was a bit later than usual (took a while to open presents) and there was a beautiful egg! I am not sure which of my 3 girls laid, but it was the very best present!

[​IMG]

6. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    My GLW, Vic, laid her first peachy little egg this morning. Merry Christmas to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pretty egg from a pretty girl.

7. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    My EE x Black Star pullet, who happens to be the very first chick ever hatched out of my flock (under a broody this summer) just gave me her 1st egg this wonderful Christmas morning!! I was very excited that not only did she start laying, but that she does indeed produce a nice light greenish-blue egg. [​IMG] Christmas day was her 6 mos. birthday too!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Not exactly a "first egg," but my Shamo pullet laid her first egg this Christmas. Very nice present, and an even moreso "present" - It was fertile!

I am so hatching the next ones. . .

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I was so hoping when I spied my little Golden Cuckoo Marans in the nest box yesterday that she'd be laying me a nice pretty chocolate colored egg! [​IMG] But alas maybe she was just practicing!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by