Who got there 1st eggs this Christmas Eve and Christmas

xcsports

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 28, 2010
we just got our first egg ever today from our lavender ameracauna bantam blue green larger than the store bought larges who else got a christmas present from ther chickens

Last edited:
Me! Me!!! I got my first egg on Christmas Eve morning from my Barred Rock and the second from her Christmas Day morning (2am... yeah yeah..I was up wrapping presents.)

We have a heat lamp on in there for them since we do have a 3-4 week old silkie in the coop as well at the moment. (Christmas present to Great Grandma who lives with us.)

I'm so excited! The eggs are still small, but I hope they get bigger in time. I'm going to use the 2 I have in our pancake batter in the morning!

Got my first egg from my Wellsummer today! DH opens the window in the morning when he gets up, then I usually go out a bit later to chat and bring them a treat. This morning I was a bit later than usual (took a while to open presents) and there was a beautiful egg! I am not sure which of my 3 girls laid, but it was the very best present!

38638_first_egg_1.jpg

My EE x Black Star pullet, who happens to be the very first chick ever hatched out of my flock (under a broody this summer) just gave me her 1st egg this wonderful Christmas morning!! I was very excited that not only did she start laying, but that she does indeed produce a nice light greenish-blue egg.
smile.png
Christmas day was her 6 mos. birthday too!

Last edited:
Not exactly a "first egg," but my Shamo pullet laid her first egg this Christmas. Very nice present, and an even moreso "present" - It was fertile!

I am so hatching the next ones. . .

I was so hoping when I spied my little Golden Cuckoo Marans in the nest box yesterday that she'd be laying me a nice pretty chocolate colored egg!
yippiechickie.gif
But alas maybe she was just practicing!!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom