Who has a Kitchen Aid Mixer?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tabsmonsters, Dec 28, 2008.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I am looking to get one soon and I would like to know which model you have, any accessories and pros and cons of your model. I am leaning towards the 600 series because I had heard it's better built and has metal gears? inside versus plastic.

Thanks!

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i wish [​IMG]

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I have one that my mother gave me and it is like 25 years old.. dont know the model... but it is awsome..

4. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    I have one, love it. It's the tilt head model. I've had it for at least 7 years with never a problem. I use it several times a week for mashed potatoes during the winter. It gets a real workout on family cookie day sometime in Dec for the Christmas cookies. I have the shredder/slicer attachment that gets a workout during the summer for coleslaw and the like.

My dad has the model the you lift up the bowl to the mixer head. He's had that for at least 30 years. He mostly uses it during deer season for meat grinding. It's a work horse on that weekend.

When we got mine I would've bought the bigger one if we would've had the money, but I'm extremely satisfied with the one I have.

Smiles
    Jul

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    we have one kitchenaid we bought it from kohl's it was on sale, look for one there, I am sure you can find a good deal.

Omran.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I do, as well as everyone in my family. That's the only kind of mixer I ever had in my house growing up and the only one I have now. Mine is the Professional grade and I bought it at Sam's. It came with a meat grinder attachment, which I've heard is awesome and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never used! Sam's still has them and they are the best price I've seen. Stay with the Professional Series rather than going with one from Sears or Lowe's. You want the metal gears, because they will last much longer than plastic ones will. [​IMG]

7. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I love my 'Professional 5' KAMixer. I have the meat grinder ( we ground an entire deer two yrs ago w/ and it worked like a charm..Dh cut it off the bone and I fed it into the grinder) and several other attachments..-- I had a smaller one and gave it to my MIL and purchased a Professional model..It's 5-6yrs. old and have never had a problem with it..My only complaint is the head is fixed (up and down only) it will not tilt back...Dixie

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:This is the same one I have. I don't have any problems with the head of the mixer not tilting back, but that's just me and what I've grown up with. I've had mine now for about 6 years and it is used frequently and have never had a problem with it. I use the dough hook attachment almost everyday to make fresh bread. Awesome mixer!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I have one...not sure of the model. Had it for probably almost 20 years. The day it dies I will be going to town to by a new one!!

10. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:I'm with ya on that one

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by