Who has baby ducks? I have baby ducks! DUW!! ADDED PIC for Wildsky!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by theOEGBman, May 16, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    This duck is AMAZING! She made her nest in the pasture, half an acre away from her pen. I figured I would have to go out today and catch her up, and I was not looking forward to it. I walked out in the pasture to get them and my grandma yelled, "Jordan, come look at this!" So I went, and she had the babies IN the pen! I have NO clue how they got in there,lol. So she's a great duck. She had 12 eggs and 10 hatched, the last two were duds. So, it was a 100% hatch! The parents are Pekin X Runner, so the babies are assorted colors. Anyways, here are the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a hecka cute picture of all 10 running behind the tree, but it wouldnt upload! Stupid photobucket.[​IMG]

Well, those are my new babies!

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    What a beautiful family! [​IMG]
    (I enjoyed the pipping pics too.)

3. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Adorable! What a clever mama duck you have.

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I love these kind of pictures - makes you remember the way things should be.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Great photos! I wonder what little noises to she makes that keeps 10 little ducks following her back to the pen.

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Verrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW........How's Jethro???

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  7. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Oh, Jordan, that is just too cute!!! What a good mama! Is that the daddy in the pic? What is it about ducks? They always look happy! At least yours do! [​IMG]

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Oh how CUTE - and mom looks so proud!!!

Go on get that other pic loaded - [​IMG] I wanna see it!

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Josie! Im glad you liked the pipping pics, I thought they were fun to take.

Thanks, Raindrop! I thought it was pretty smart too, I was totally amazed.

Thanks, Ruth. I totally agree. You see so many people hatching with bators now, its nice to see a natural hatch sometimes. (Not saying bators are bad, I wish I had one!)

Thanks, Angie! She was making some funny noises today, and I think I know which one she used,lol. They would all lay around and go to sleep, then she would make a loud chirp and all of their heads shot up. She did it over and over too, poor things.

Thanks, Julio!! Jethro is doing great. He was watching me every time I walked by, he's really cute.

Thanks, Lynn! Yep, that is daddy. I have no clue, they always have smiles on their faces! Does this mean you and Pat want ducks now? I have 12 you can take home! [​IMG]

Thanks, Wildsky! I actually got the pic uploaded, so you are in luck!

It may not look like much, but they were running as fast as they could to keep up with momma!

[​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] They're SO cute - I just want to SQUEEEEEEZE one (not too hard.... [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by