Who has Blue Orpingtons?

Cimmaron

Songster
5 Years
Jul 19, 2018
Montana
My Orpingtons have remained one of my very favorite breeds for years. I've had some other "blue" chickens and am wondering if the Blue Orpingtons are as good as the Buffs? I like that the the Buffs will hatch and raise some chicks for me every summer, and also that they are the only breed I've had that continues to lay a little in the winter without lights. Are the Blues the same in those two areas? Also, what are the best farms to look at ordering chicks from if I decide to get some?

Orpingtons are one of my favorite breeds. I still have some Buffs. My Blue, black and splash are gone now. It may depend on bloodlines but I think my Buffs are better layers. They seem to go broody more often too. I do intend to get more Orpington of other colors in the future. Mine were hatched from eggs I bought. My Buff girls are still laying. Not as much but its nice to get some eggs through the winter.

The bird is neither blue nor a pure bred Orpington:( - far too thin and there is some rogue barring on his chest. He sure is a rooster, though. At least the seller mentions that he/she is not sure about him being pure bred.

Back
Top Bottom