Who has ever smashed an egg or eggs in your pocket(s)?!?!

Sunflowergirl

Songster
8 Years
Feb 16, 2012
Quitman, Texas
Well, I have finally joined the ranks of those who have gathered eggs in pockets and wound up smashing them in the pockets!!!
barnie.gif

Got my jacket in the wash right now!!!

I had just gathered 3 eggs, stepped out and decided to drop one of my air vents. As I stepped up on the ladder, I lost my balance and fell against the ladder. Only smashed one of the three!!!
tongue.png

So, tell me your story! How many have you smashed in your pocket? How did you do it? AND!!! Have you done it more than once!!!
gig.gif

not only have i done that more then once (will i ever learn) ? but most mornings i do ALL the chicken rounds still in house clothes; a few mornings a go, late to work (hotel reception, high heels the works) i did the chickens already suited up.. and then eggs went with me to work in my pants pocket. when i pulled out my cell phone, what fell on the floor? an egg.

any many many years ago still in the petting zoo, i put a tray of eggs in the front seat of the renault pickup, i got in the driver's side and my work partner got in and sat down on his side, with the obvious results...

(along with the times the mice got out of their box in the truck, a python snuck out of his snake bag on the way to the vet's, and got lost in the truck, a ferret opened her box at a traffic light and me and the driver looked like we were doing the dirty while looking for her under the brake/clutch, and last but not least, driving down the freeway to an other mini zoo with sheep in the back when the back door opened up... with people honking and me ignoring -everyone in israeli drives with one hand on the horn- and only at a turn off did i understand why the honking...)

Nok13, what an eggciting life you have!
gig.gif

I did go out with my basket this morning. However, when I later went into the run to catch a chicken to check on her, I found an egg! GRRR! Only place I had to put it was in my coat POCKET!!! And, here I was saying I was NEVER going to put an egg in my pocket again!!! So, Marthab1953 and Sourland, looks like this might not be the last of eggs in the pockets!!!
cool.png

not only have i done that more then once (will i ever learn) ? but most mornings i do ALL the chicken rounds still in house clothes; a few mornings a go, late to work (hotel reception, high heels the works) i did the chickens already suited up.. and then eggs went with me to work in my pants pocket. when i pulled out my cell phone, what fell on the floor? an egg.

any many many years ago still in the petting zoo, i put a tray of eggs in the front seat of the renault pickup, i got in the driver's side and my work partner got in and sat down on his side, with the obvious results...

(along with the times the mice got out of their box in the truck, a python snuck out of his snake bag on the way to the vet's, and got lost in the truck, a ferret opened her box at a traffic light and me and the driver looked like we were doing the dirty while looking for her under the brake/clutch, and last but not least, driving down the freeway to an other mini zoo with sheep in the back when the back door opened up... with people honking and me ignoring -everyone in israeli drives with one hand on the horn- and only at a turn off did i understand why the honking...)

Me too, I have smashed eggs many times in my pocket. Most memorable time was when I took off my coat and put it on the chair, only to sit on it! i had five eggs in both pockets. What a mess..

I've done it once. I put the eggs in my pocket, then came inside. I hung my coat up and completely forgot about it till the next day. Then, when I was leaving for work at 5 in the morning I decided to lean up against my car and I felt something give. Slowly, I reached into my pocket and to my horror and surprise, I felt something ooey and gooey, something very egg-like.

I had to go to work in my brother's coat that day till I got home to wash mine.
I don't think I will ever do it again (fingers crossed)

You guys are cracking me up!!!
lau.gif
TEN eggs Newfoundland!!! What a BIG mess a duck egg can make Aspen!!! Oh, I can handle scooping up a smashed egg off the floor, but trying to scoop that out of a pocket!!!
EmilyOfIndiana, that would just freak me out!!!

"Slowly, I reached into my pocket and to my horror and surprise, I felt something ooey and gooey, something very egg-like."

gig.gif

Last edited:
at least it was an egg; could have been something worse.... my RIP boxer girl 'found' a siberian hamster that had escaped its cage and taken cover in a slipper. the boxer treated it like she did everything else: she licked it and cleaned it and groomed it until it turned in to a squishy mess, and left it in the slipper... unbeknowest to me, who went to put foot in said slipper later in the day (this was many years ago now...)

Back
Top Bottom