who has fertilized banty turken eggs for sale in spring ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by unionwirewoman, Nov 13, 2007.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    HI EVERYONE ! I BOUGHT 3 TURKEN CHICKS THIS LAST SPRING FROM OUR LOCAL RANCH STORE ( AMONG MANY OTHER BREEDS ) AND LOVE THESE LITTLE TURKENS . I RECENTLY WENT ON VACATION AND LEFT SOMEONE IN CHARGE OF THE CARE TAKING OF THE ANIMALS . EVERYTHING WENT OK EXCEPT MY FAVORITE ROOSTER (TURKEN ) WAS FOUND DEAD IN THE COOP FOR NO APPARENT REASON . JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANY BANTY TURKEN EGGS I CAN BUY IN THE SPRING TO HATCH OUT . I'VE SEEN OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TURKENS , BUT THEY HAVE ALL BEEN STANDARD SIZE . THANKS ![​IMG]

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    They are a neat little chicken! I wish I could help, but they ARE hard to find. I have a couple hens. I'll have mixes - bantam turken x silkie in the spring, but not pure.

Sandhill Preservation sells them.

3. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I am going to try to mate mine in the spring. But they are stanard size.

4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We have bantam red 'turkens'. For show, they are called naked necks. Ours come from show stock and are a deep red. You can see some older pics of them on our site http://www.infinityheartfarm.com. They are so funny and full of personality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by