Who has hatched chicks so far this season???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickapooh23, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    I have been reading different threads but then I lose track of them and someone else is hatching and I am not sure what happen with who so.... what kind of totals does the BYC folk have for this season so far?

I am still in the middle of a hatch so I'm going to wait until tomorrow (hopefully it'll be done by then) and post results.

Oh, bragging is encouraged on this thread. I understand how new parents can be. [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I've hatched around 80 chicks since the beginning of the year. I have around 25 more eggs in the incubator now, and I have about 9 dozen or so eggs coming in the mail this week.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I've got to be above 100 by now, with 25 more hatching in 2 days and 50+ in the 'bator. more mailed eggs on the way [​IMG]

I must but CRAZY, but [​IMG]

5. Grampa with chickens

Grampa with chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Brooksville, Florida
    I believe my grand total is 57 chicks, of those 3 died in the brooder. 29 more eggs in the bator.

Somebody stop me!!!!!!

6. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    my first hatch i had 2 out of 41 and one died a few days later (the first one out). today is day 21 on the next 41 so far i have 2 out one almost and about 10 piped. have 221 to hatch over the next few weeks.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  7. Grampa with chickens

Grampa with chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Brooksville, Florida
    I believe my grand total is 63 chicks, of those 3 died in the brooder. 29 more eggs in the bator.

Somebody stop me!!!!!!

8. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I try not to get an exact total, then my DH finds out how many there is, and then its what are we going to do with all those?

Someone Please stop me [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Is there a season?

Nobody told me there was a season.

Was I hatching out of season? Is there a penalty?

We are probably around 100+ a few for the year.

I was going to cut back, but somehow the bator is filling up again this morning, AND I have been egg shopping.

We really need to get the chicks in the garage outside. 5 brooders is way too many.

The new housing floor / base is complete. Just need a couple of more weeks to get a roof on it and have it enclosed, then out they go.

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Couple hundred here. I hatch year round.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by