Who has house ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Crayonsmom, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    I want to see pictures! [​IMG] I don't want this to turn into any "should ducks be kept in the house" because I know everyone has their own opinion on it, I just enjoy seeing those house ducks. lol. I'm thinking if any of my eggs hatch I might keep one... or three in the house part time for fun. [​IMG] Show me your house duckies!

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I have six that have their own bedroom.... [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I only keep Ollie inside permanently. The babies stay inside for 4 - 6 weeks depending on the season - but I have had a duck- or ducks inside for nearly all of the last two years. Monty ( a hand raised Aylesbury drake ) will wander in for a visit if the back door is left open. But he doesnt stay long these days, just wanders in to say hi... and have a look around and then back outside he goes. He used to come in and sit on his bed near the TV at night. he seemed to enjoy watching the football [​IMG]

This is Ollie- He is disabled so has his own portacot.

[​IMG]

4. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    Aw, Ollie looks like a sweetie! [​IMG]

nettie, I love your website.[​IMG] I keep wanting to buy a diaper harness but the moeny seems to have gone missing... [​IMG] Someday I will! I also think those little booties are the cutest!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by