Who has Partridge Rocks?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RAREROO, Sep 25, 2009.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I am looking for a source to get some good quality Partridge Rocks.
    I would like to get some from a private breeder instead of a hatchery, but I know there are very few people who raise them. I have done searches on the net and haven't had much luck. I am not wanting them right now, I'm just mainly trying to find a good source and I would eventually like to get some and breed them and do some experimental breeding. So if anyone knows where I can get some, please tell me. I would also love to see pics of anyone's Partridge Rocks as well as other varieties: Buff, Columbian, Blue, Black, Splash, Silver Penciled, Whites, and Barreds.

Any info and pics would be greatly appreciated.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Halo is the god of blue rocks [​IMG]

3. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yes I know I have been talking with halo for a while now, first about her Blue Barred Rocks, but now I am more interested in eventually getting some Splash and Blues eggs from her, I LOVED her splash roo on her personal page, I would like to find some PRs to raise with them though.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    There was a post yesterday about how hard it is to find quality partridge ones. (i think it was walkswithdog) I would love to have some too- rocks have such great personalities!

5. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have access to some real nice Partridge Rocks..but you are a bit far away.

6. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yeah, that may have been in my other post in the breeders hatcheries section. I also love rocks, I have only had the barred variety but I haven't found another breed that can beat them as far as laying, temperment, locks, and overall personality. I LOVE them. Please let me know if you ever find any and I'll do the same for you.

7. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by