1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

who has read "Marley and Me"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kdcrws, Jan 2, 2009.

1. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Just finished it and cried for the last 4 chapters or so of the book! The funniest and saddest book I have ever read.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I never read it, but I did see the movie on Dec. 26th. It is now one of my favorites. The last part of the movie I cried.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  3. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I just looked for it in our local library the other day. They didn't have it, so I've got to order it from another library.

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I read it a while ago. It was probably my favorite book too. If i did cry, i'd never admit it [​IMG] But i look forward to seeing the movie. But since i dont cry, i better watch it alone [​IMG]

5. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:yeah u'd better do that lol!!!!

I'm not sure I want to see the movie after reading the book. I don't want to be disappointed

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

I read it and loved it, I cried!

7. PoultryScienceAggie

PoultryScienceAggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    College Station, TX
    I loved it!!!!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I haven't read it and I haven't seen the movie but I really want to see the movie and then read the book, I would rather really love the movie and then love the book more. Usually I read the book and then see the movie and I am disappointed. I will do it the other way around this time.

9. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    It is an awesome book. I too don't have a desire to see the movie. There is no way the movie can tell you everything you learn in the book. Great book and yes I cried. And yes, I am a man.

10. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    i read the book. i probably wont see the movie. i liked the book BUT, as someone who works with dogs that have multiple behavioral problems, I kept analyzing things and stuff. It didn't hit home like it did with others. Bummer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by