1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who has Red crested red Polish besides me, I wanna see some pics. :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shay20, Feb 12, 2010.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ok, who has some, Show off your pictures of your red crested red polish . I have some baby chicks and CANT wiat till they grow up. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The one in the corner with that top knot is a red crested red polish.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Well, my question to you is, where on earth did you find yours? Are they hatchery or non? I can't find any std. polish, besides hatchery stock, to save my life! [​IMG] I would love to see pics of your birds!! Just make me [​IMG] a little [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Ideal Hatchery has them!

4. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Yep Ideal [​IMG] thats where I got mine.

5. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:These reds i got from Ideal, but i have so many other colors out in the polish pen, not from hatcherys. They are all standard, well except my little frizzle white crested black cockerel he is a bantam, so adoribal.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Are we talking white crested red, or true reds? Because I know a couple hatcheries like Ideal are now getting white crested reds, but. . . true reds? I'm very curious to see what they look like from a hatchery stock.

7. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    True reds [​IMG] I will take some pics of the babys in the morning, soooo cute.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yeesh, I just read up and found out that they are actually a hatchery project of red leghorns with white crested polish. I was beginning to wonder. . . There honestly is no such thing as a red crested red - There are black tailed reds, but those are very rare.

Well anyway, curious to see how they grow to look. Kinda doubt they will look true polish, but still curious.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Can't wait to see the pics.

10. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Well so far as chicks, they look identical as polish, big top knot, soooo adorible, i am going to work on them, and see how they come out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by