Who Has Roosters in small neighborhood

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tdgill, May 16, 2009.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

or development or close to other homes?

how's it going?

2. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I have a Serama roo and he has a much quieter crow than standard roos... So far, so good.

3. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I live right in the middle if the city and i had 4 roos and my neighbors loved them and said it made them feel like they were in the country. i just got rid of three of them though.

4. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

I also live in the city, and i have 4 roo's! my neighbors love them! everyone likes to hear them crow, i also bribe them with eggs [​IMG] , i have had them going on 3 yrs.

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Just got 5 chicks this spring in our one acre (-) lot in the subdivision, kinda sorta legal, but been real quiet about it. For the past two weeks now we've heard a rooster on the OTHER side of the neighborhood! Seems I don't need to worry quite so much what ours turn out as (hens please). I have talked to my immediate neighbors (the ones that are ever home to talk to) and they are fine with my little coop.

There are 30 lots in our subdivision, one side is another subdivision. The back and our lot's side is pasture. Not in city limits. Does this count as what you meant by small neighborhood? Our HOA died the year it was built, 20 years ago and the covenants expired as I read 'em. All the houses are on large lots 1 to 2 acre due to regulations for septic tanks.

One of the Buff Orphs sure is looking more roo-ish every day. 3 months old...bossy, wattles, bigger but no spurs.

6. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Post a pic. I got a unanimous decision from the pros around here, and my little Orpington was ony just over a month old.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I live to were houses are about 18ft apart. I have lets see...1 leghorn roo, 4 OEGB roos, 3 bantam wyandotte roos, 2 sebright roos, and 1 D'uccle roo... So that makes 11 roos on way less than a half of an acre of land....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by