Who Has Seen/Loved The Pirates of the Caribbean Movies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I just finshed watching # 4 for like the 50th time I love all the movies they have done! My favorite has to be #2 and have seen it 300 times and could resite it for you! Does anybody else like these movies as much as I do?? If so what is your favorite one and why?

Happy-Hens

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I have seen them all, own them and have watched them frequently. My most favorite was the first one and my least favorite was the last one. In the last one the jokes seemed stale and forced...it was not near as good as the other three. The movies wouldn't have gone anywhere without Johnny Depp's rendition of Cap'n Jack Sparrow....pure genius!

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I think I have seen them all, but I do love to watch Johnny Depp as a pirate!

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My eight year old daughter...........sigh! Pirate fan! Got her Jack Sparrow 12 inch doll, along with Angelica doll and have two posters of Jack Sparrow for Christmas....I don't think it will end!

For Halloween, she wanted to be Jack Sparrow, so I made her into a Jack Sparrow female pirate. She was cool looking!

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I really liked the first one, although I thought the 2nd & 3rd ones too weird and to resolve it, had to make them even weirder. Plots just got too twisted or something, too many storylines introduced that didn't really mean a lot.

But again, LOVED the first one, especially since Pirates of the Caribbean was one of my favorite rides at Disney World.

For those that like the series, check out the Monkey Island computer games. They're hilarious with good pirate characters too!

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I love them, have them all and my husband used to tease me back when I had a home office and had Johnny all over the place.

I liked the last one as much as I saw of it. Went to see it opening night, but Penelope Cruz irks me, so one watched it at the theater and I fell asleep on it. Every time she came on I stopped paying attention and next thing I knew I'd wake up. Did it through the whole movie. She was in just to much of it.

I agree that Johnny Depp, as Jack, made the movies, but I also think Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly were his best costars. Maybe they'll make a 5th one and Cruz with fall overboard and getting eatten by sharks. Then they can find some less irratating costars to take her place for the rest of the movie. I can only hope.

8. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    I like the soundtracks to them more than anything.

9. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Quote:Well they are making a 5th one directing it now and writing a 6th and Will and Elizabeth will be in them! [​IMG]

Happy-Hens

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Well they are making a 5th one directing it now and writing a 6th and Will and Elizabeth will be in them! [​IMG]

Happy-Hens

I"M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by