1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who has seen/will see the movie Hancock?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ticks, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    What did you think of it? Have you seen it will you see it? It is a great movie. I wouldn't suggest letting really young kids watch it. There is a lot of profanity.

2. hdchic

hdchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    Took my 9 year old son to see it....didn't realize there was THAT much profanity, but by then there wasn't much I could do about it. I thought it was "ok'....I've seen much better out of the director, and out of Will Smith. I would give it a 'B" on the grading scale. I felt it needed some history, or background, but oh well, it killed a couple of hours! lol

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I cant wait to see it here in the UK..........my boy (12) wants to go and see it, if you have seen it is the profanity too much?

4. hdchic

hdchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    They don't use the "f" word, but a$$ is used alot, and generously sprinkled in are the others. Unless your child is completely sheltered, I don't guess its any more than they hear on tv or other movies, or in public for that matter.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Actually they do use the the mother of all swear words once.
    They also use the term for a female dog a few times. Also in one seen half of Will Smith's buttocks is exposed.

6. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    I'll wait for it on Netlfix!

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:I went to see it and really enjoyed it. I'd take my 12-year old daughter to see it. I wasn't sure, so I went without her. But it had much more good than bad, and I know she's heard worse language on the school bus. [​IMG]

8. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    It was alright--effects were great, but the story was all fantasy and a little weak--kinda like the Golden Child--but it had its moments...good for a rainy day or to get free AC.

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:I went to see it and really enjoyed it. I'd take my 12-year old daughter to see it. I wasn't sure, so I went without her. But it had much more good than bad, and I know she's heard worse language on the school bus. [​IMG]

I'snt that awful that words like that are becoming everday word for younger kids. I too am teenager, but I do not even think about using words like that.

10. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    my husband saw it and said our son can't watch it till he's alot older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by