Who has the biggest coop?!?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chicks & Turks, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Chicks & Turks

Chicks & Turks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    So I have and 8x8 for the turks, a 4x8 for the chickens and a bathtub brooder, so I know I'm not the largest coop. Just wanted to see some BIG COOPS. Pics are a PLUS

2. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    Oh gosh, I know Ive seen alot bigger than mine...my coop is like 4x6x8, plus attached a 10x10 run...made an additional mini coop behind it as a add on, and in the process of adding another 10x10 kennel with a coop in a few wks...this is what I have so far...

MAIN COOP
    [​IMG]

PORCLINES COOP
    D'UCCLE MANOR
    [​IMG]

THEN YOU SEE THIS SMALLER COOP ON THE OUTSIDE WITH A BLUE TARP, THIS IS ALSO NEXT TO D'UCCLE MANOR WITH BABY CHICKS UNTIL WE FINISH THE OTHER 10X10 KENNEL ADD ON WITH A COOP ADDED
    [​IMG]

3. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    mine will be 9X9 with runs off of that when I am done, but I am sure there are bigger ones.

4. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

My smaller coops are 8x8 but have 8x24 runs off two of the lower ones, top coop is 8x12 with an 8x16 run. Bottom coop (witht he longer runs) has three 8x8 in a row (all one building, seperated into 3 8x8) plus there is a duck/goose pen off the lower runs - it is about 24x20.

during construction of the lower runs (need to get finished pics)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

front view lower coop right after it was finished - it now has a wooden fence in front of the coops (to keep cows and donkeys OUT of the coops [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

older pic of upper coop (the lattice is my "screen door" cause that coop gets hotter than the lower coops do.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

meri

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    i want a bigger coop and MORE CHICKENS!!

6. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    12' x 12' former horse stall for eight hens.

They have lots of room. Just ordered the MPC 25 Rainbow pullet special to ship 9/21/09 to help fill her up come spring.

I have another 12' x 12' next to it that has an open front that I'm debating closing in, adding a door for chickens or a couple goats.

[​IMG]

7. BantyRooster

BantyRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Michigan
    Mojo Chick'n,

Awesome looking coop!

The last pic with the rooster sitting on the porch rail is classic.

VERY NICE.

8. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:Thanks [​IMG] I won a BYC coop contest with that one.

meri

9. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    Didn't build it but started using it this year had hoped to get the improvements done before the chickens moved in but Injured my knee and then had surgery so just had to get buy with some quick fixes. It is to be redone before winter sets in. Covering the outside with tin and redoing the run screen and windows. I don't know how old this is but there is an outhouse behind it in the trees [​IMG]
    There are 3 this size one is falling down and the other make get halved for more something next year had kittens in it this year. Also there was a brooder building next to the one I am using .
    Okay done rambling

[​IMG]
    took this last year

[​IMG]
    now

[​IMG]
    roosts two big ones

[​IMG]
    inside the screened in section

10. Windrider

Windrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009