Who Here Has The Flu?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dangerouschicken, Jul 30, 2008.

1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have had it for a week and I still feel like I am dying. I can't eat a single thing. NOTHING. I have lost 6lbs and have zero energy. My intestines are doing Jedi-level kung-fu and all I can do is sit and wince. My kids got it at the Oregon Zoo, apparently the flu mecca of Portland, but they are out of the danger zone. Of course now I have it, they are running around all disease free and wacky [​IMG] while I mold in the corner like some very bad French cheese [​IMG]

Empathy? Sympathy? SOMETHING?????

[​IMG]

2. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    SO much sympathy! Drink and drink and drink. Virtual foot massage now in progress.

best.

3. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Please stay in Oregon. :eek:

(I'm kidding! Kidding! I really hope you feel better soon)

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    [​IMG] No probs staying here.

Loving the virtual foot massage. You have no idea [​IMG]

Did I mention there should be a scoville unit-type rating scale for the pain involved in various flu viruses? THERE SHOULD BE! This would be up there with a habanero pepper.

LIKE A BROOM HANDLE TO MY GUTS! REPEATIDLY!

5. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    [​IMG] Nothing worse than trying to care for active kids when you're sick and just want to crawl into bed and stay there for about a week!

May I humbly suggest lots of fluids and extra quiet time with the kids, reading a good book together, crafting, maybe a dvd movie treat, anything you can think of so you can try and rest a little. Fortunately it will pass, unfortunately, not soon enough for a busy mom.

It's kind of strange you still have the flu out there, especially this time of year. You may want to let your doc know, since he is required to report flu outbreaks to the CDC who track these things.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    not the flu i guess , but i had a horrible headcold out of the blue .Nose was stuffed and my forehead was about to explode and i had a fever too . I can totally feel with you poor you . here is a virtual hug [​IMG]

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh jeesh! im soooo sorry you feel bad. Like everyone said...LOTS of gator aid...water..whatever you can hold down!
    Feel better soon!!

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    The tummy flu is the worse [​IMG] I'm so sorry for you. I second the fluids, if your mouth or gums feel tacky--if you aren't going pee, get to the doc. Dehydration will make it that much worse. That'll mean IV fluids, I sure hope you are better very soon. :aww

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh, I hope you feel better soon!!! Being a mom can be so hard. When the kids are sick we take care of them. The hubby is sick we take care of him. We are sick....we take care of them.....

Hope it is a short lived variety.

10. ponderchick

ponderchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    east texas
    Hope you get to feeling better soon> I totally know how you feel. My dh and ds got it over Christmas vacation this past year, then of couse so did I. I took them both to the dr...I suffered it out, I really hate going to the dr.! I guess thats part of what mkes us women so strong We can be sick as a dog and still take care of our home and kids. I'd like to see a man do it! Drink lots of fluid and try to rest. put a good movie on for the kiddoes ! hope you feel better soon![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by