Who here is NPIP certified?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cjeanean, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Hey everyone: I'm looking for some standard size mutts to try my hand at incubating, and I'm wondering who on here would have some that are NPIP certified? I don't care what the mixes are (other than polish mixes, I don't really like the polish) just so long as I won't get bantam eggs from them when they start laying. I want regular size egg layers. I already talked to chilling in muscadine about some, and she has a few breed combos that I might like, but for the sake of equality I'd like to hear what other people have as well. I'm especially interested in buff orp/barred rock crosses, I think those are pretty. Anyways, hit me back if you might have something for me!

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Why would you need them to be NPIP Certified?

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Mine are, but I'm getting no eggs right now from either pen. Hopefully that will change once I get some birds moved around.

I'm a little confused with you wanting npip birds and being against nais, though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    NPIP is a program that has been working and working well for a very long time. NPIP is actually doing what it's designed to do: helping to prevent the spread of poultry disease. NAIS is a completely different story, and although I know there's a good chance that NAIS and NPIP will end up together I'm gonna stand up for the program that works and that I hope to remain in place WITHOUT NAIS.....

5. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I am and I have eggs from a mixed flock. Delaware roo over RIR and Red Sexlink hens....PM if interested. [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Mine are NPIP certified. Langshan x Cochin or Barred Rock or Light Brahma x Australorp x Langshan...

The Langshan is the only one breeding...LOL...so you KNOW he's the father! [​IMG] Question is...who is the mother? LOL

7. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm NPIP Certified as of 2/27/09
    and have Blue's Mystery Chick eggs available
    check them out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=137737

They
    are Blue Orpington over black orps & black australorps as well as buff orps and gold and silver lace wyandottes.

I'm still starting out... but I've sent off 2 dozen eggs so far, both made it intact... I'll have more of these eggs for a week until we switch the pens around.

8. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Mine are NPIP certified but I do not cross breed any of my birds. They are all pure breeds.

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Most of mine are purebreeds...they're just housed together! [​IMG]

10. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

We are
    ...and actually in the state of Tennessee to sell eggs or chickens legally you are supposed to NPIP certified purebred or not
    I someone turns you in being nasty you could get into big trouble and could cost you more than the $25 to have your flocks tested. Here in our area the vet is very nice and very professional.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by