Who here is ready for fall!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Roy Rooster, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Roy Rooster

Roy Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    After this long hot summer I am so glad to see fall come. We had our first frost this morning.
    It was so nice to see the frost on the roof tops and the ground.

Had to put on a heavier coat this morning to go a let the ladies out. [​IMG]

Even got my fall decor out on the front porch.
    [​IMG]

Any one else ready for fall????

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I just love fall. But here in Ohio, it hasn't been so pleasant. Leaves on the trees are changing, but it's been raining, windy and chilly for a week now. Very dismal, grey skies above.......

But fall is my favorite time of year......No sweating your tush off, no mosquitos, harvest time, Halloween, Thanksgiving...... Beautiful!

So I'm with you! YAY FALL! (If only the rain would stop.....)

Sharon

3. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I'm ready and my chickens are too! [​IMG] We have been in the upper 80's here (record high two days ago at 89) but they are predicting possible snow showers this coming weekend. [​IMG] Gotta love it!

Love your decorations!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    I just love the fall and winter season. Seems like all the best holiday's take place when the
    clocks are set back. Harvest, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I love it
    when the leaves change and the land scape is so beautiful.

Here in East Tennessee the mountains just glow with color. I never get sick of it.

My ladies are ready for the cooler weather too. Seems like they are happier now that the
    hot and humid weather is behind us. I think they will brave the winter better than they
    braved the summer. I did not loose any, but I could tell they were miserable.

Now if my roo could just get the idea that the falling leaves are not hawks, we would
    be in good shape. [​IMG]

5. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    [​IMG] Fall is long gone; we're getting ready for winter now! Snow predicted for this weekend. [​IMG]

6. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    In Alaska, I am sure that you are getting snow if not some already.

We vacationed there a few years ago in Denali and other spots. Your state is beautiful.
    I love snow, I would do really well living in Alaska. The more snow the better.

But I am sure that you get sick of it after a while.

7. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    I've been here 26 years now, moved up from San Diego, and I've never regretted a moment. Look carefully at my avatar, those aren't horses, including the one with the blaze. For real. The northern lights, the amazing contrasts, the air so clear we can see Mt. McKinley in all it's chiseled glory 150 miles away, the closeness of the wilderness, the relative freedom of the lifestyle, the absence of rush hour traffic, can't be matched. I feel truly blessed.

8. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    Yea, I noticed the Moose on your avavar. We saw a female moose with a calf while we were there right outside
    our cabin. I was floored at how big they were. I thought the size of a cow or a horse, but she was huge. I never
    say a male moose but after seeing the size of the female I am not sure that I really wanted to.

We went to the north pole post office and saw the raindeer or carabu inside a fence. Was really neat.
    We had a great time, feel in love with the Alaskan sourdough. Brought home a starter agent and still
    make it today using the original starter that I bought there.

I loved it, would like to go back sometime.

9. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!! right here [​IMG]
    mmmm the smell of cinnamon everywhere, pumpkin EVERYTHING!! baking.. apples! hot cocoa!!
    colors everywhere. cool breezes!! oh i am so excited

10. Roy Rooster

Jun 9, 2010
    Tennesee Smoky Mts.
    You know it's fall here when the combines are out. My kids just love to watch them work in the fields.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by