Who Here Just LOVES Eggs in General?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TheHappyHen21, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TheHappyHen21

TheHappyHen21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    I love looking at pictures of peoples eggs! I don't know why but I just love looking at eggs.

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the club! [​IMG] Some people have such a stunning variety of colors, it's impressive. Here's what I've got in my own egg basket:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'd love to see yours, too! [​IMG]
    -Alex

3. TheHappyHen21

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    What hens layed those? My Jersey Giants actually haven't started laying yet! But im getting Olive Eggers & Maran Chicks Soon and I cant wait!!!

4. Alexandra33

Olive Eggers and Marans are great! I've got both, but my OE hasn't started laying as of yet. [​IMG]

It's a variety of breeds who give us pretty eggs: dark chocolate brown - Black Copper Marans, darker brown eggs - Blue Splash Marans and Welsummer, light brown - anywhere from Wyandotte, Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex, to Rock and Australorp and too many to name, various shades of green - Easter Egger and Mallard duck, blue - Cream Legbar, Easter Egger, and true Ameraucana, bright white - Golden Campine, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Black Sumatra, and Sicilian Buttercup, off white - various ducks. Those aren't all our breeds, but they're the main ones! [​IMG]

-Alex

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. TheHappyHen21

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    Do u chickens all free range together or do u separate by breed? I plan on doing that when I receive my marans and OE cause I don't want them getting mixed with each other or JG as I plan on selling chicks :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  6. Alexandra33

They all are housed and free-ranged together as one big, happy flock! [​IMG] I understand separating them, though, if you're going to be breeding. I guess we haven't really done that because the purpose for our girls is just as pets and for our own personal enjoyment. So I take it you're getting straight run chicks just to get some roosters in the mix?

-Alex

7. TheHappyHen21

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    Yes straight runs hoping more hens then roos!!

8. Alexandra33

Good deal! [​IMG] Where are you ordering from?

-Alex

9. TheHappyHen21

Sep 14, 2015
    Russell, Ny
    there is a chicken breeder out my way who raises many diff breeds :) and marans and oliver eggers are two of them :) its called "M&M Eggs" and they ship too :)

10. Alexandra33

Cool beans! [​IMG]

-Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by