1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who Here Knits?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by LadyTashKnits2, Nov 29, 2013.

1. LadyTashKnits2

LadyTashKnits2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2013
    Lately I have not found any locals up here that knit other than my family members who are knitting almost all the time. I wanted to know who here knits and also whats your favorite yarn to use along with what weight would you prefer. Currently I use Worsted Weight, but I always end up stopping a project and never picking it back up due to work. I also like acrylic but I do also like wool, sometimes it can be hard to deal with especially certain brands.

So come on everyone share with me some information because I love making new friends. :)

2. NotSuperWoman

NotSuperWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    My Humble Manor
    Hi! I Knit all the time!

I really don't have a favorite yarn. I use a lot of acrylic and wool/acrylic blends. I am on a very very tight budget so I usually buy Lion Brand yarn. I like the quality for the price.

I actually have several projects going at once. One is lace, one is worsted weight right now, and one is bulky weight.

I kind of have knitting " seasons" where I willl work on one project for a while, put it down, pick up another project for a while, then go back to the first after a few months.

I use Ravelry.com to help me keep my projects straight and organized. I write about my projects in the project notes section so I can remember where I was in a project when I put it down.

What are you working on right now?

3. mother hen 13

mother hen 13 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    south of england
    Hi i have been knitting quite a lot lately
    I joined a local group that knits for charity projects at the moment i am dressing dolls and knitting soft toys for children at a women,s refuge. Has any one got a toy chicken pattern ? Some people at the group have been knitting blankets for the local animal shelter.
    I don,t buy wool at the moment as when i told friends and family about the project they turned up with enough oddment to keep me going till next christmas. Happy kitting

4. Krisselou

Krisselou Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2013
    Iowa
  5. MaddiesMum

MaddiesMum Chillin' With My Peeps

I knit quite a bit but have had to stop for the past few weeks.. messed up my wrists/forearms somehow and figure I need to take a lengthy break before I make it worse. I would knit all day if I could, I absolutely love it.

I tend to use just standard worsted or sport weight yarn, haven't done a whole lot of exploring. I have been off and on knitting for a few years but only really picked it up again this past october, and didn't put down the needles until just a couple weeks ago. I miss it terribly! I tried to crochet for a bit to see if using my hands a different way would help, which it did for a while, but overall the best idea was to just take a break. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be good as new :)
    Just gotta learn to pace myself and take breaks!

6. Krisselou

Krisselou Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2013
    Iowa
    MaddiesMum - I'm sorry that happened to you [​IMG] It happens to me a couple times a year and oftentimes switching crafts helps because it tends to work you muscles in a different way. Try to keep exercising your hands though - maybe squeezing a ball? I've found that continued movement helps them get better faster.

Hope you feel better soon!

7. crazyfarmer

crazyfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    West Tennessee
    i knit. Been doing for over 20 years now

8. Fernie

Fernie Chillin' With My Peeps

My handle on Ravelry.com is KnitInferno.... I knit all the time. Knitting a pair of socks that is intarsia in the round knitting Stitch Surfer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by