Who here sells on Ebay ?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crazychicken, Dec 8, 2008.

1. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Just wondering who was a BYC seller so i know where to look for good egg sellers on Ebay.

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    You can just Buy eggs here. it will probably cost you less.

3. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    i know but my parents feel more "comfortable" buying on Ebay or some where similar.

4. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    I sell Black Copper Marans occassionally on ebay. I am also selling White Silkies. I haven't posted any on Ebay in a while and would rather not till spring.

I will tell you that you are just as safe here on BYC. Actually the people here are much more easy to deal with and it's like a big family. Most people are not in it for the money here. We love what we do and it shows in the product you get. About 10% of my ebay transactions result in some type of problems.

All of my transactions here on BYC have been very smooth. I have both purchased and sold here.

Also, if you pay by Paypal, you are just as safe here as you are anywhere else.

5. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I sell eggs on ebay, but I always offer much better deals on here.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    i NEVER buy eggs off Ebay BYC is the place for me [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

I would also say that BYC is safer than ebay. I sell on ebay but not as much, ebay is a risk and their costs just continue to go up. I have received eggs from several BYC members and had nothing but good to say about each one of them.

Like danrut101 stated - We are just one big family [​IMG]

9. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    [​IMG] Yup. What they said. I've been a member of BYC for several years now and I wouldnt buy eggs on eBay unless I was desperate.

10. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Also, you can get a breeder close to you on BYC.

Ebay, you get what you get.

Here, you can just post what you are looking for and you wouldn't believe how many people in your area are raising the breed you want.

Ebay now charges 12% on the final value of an auction + the .25 to .65 cents for the listing fee. This is not including the 3.5% Paypal charges that is taken out of the entire money sent to Paypal. So if you buy $10 set of eggs with $10 shipping, Ebay and Paypal will get almost $3 of this set of eggs.

Ebay gets $3, the PO gets $10 and the seller(this usually goes to the birds and equates to better homes and nesting grounds for our ladies) gets $7 or less.

So I could sell the same set of eggs here for over $2 less than I could on ebay.

It's safer and cheaper here!

Danny D

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by