Who Is At Day 18 or 21 Today on Their Hatch??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Oct 3, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Anyone having hatching excitement at their place today?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, day 21 here! The broody hatched out one chick... because she lost the other one...Egg just gone! [​IMG]

3. Nope, no 'citement here [​IMG]
    My last group hatched Fri, the 28th and the next group will be hatching the 8th.
    Good luck with yours [​IMG]

Lisa

4. speckledhen

Well, one BYC member has Suede babies starting to hatch at his place right now! I'm excited about his and mine, LOL.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hope the hatches go well!

6. kelly

kelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Today is day 21 for my 8 RIR eggs in the home made bator that the temps have been crazy in. Atleast 2 eggs moved but nothing yet I'm afraid nothing is going to happen. I'm gonna let them go a few days to see. I have a new bator now I will try again but I was so wish to get babies....but theres still time.

Kelly

7. speckledhen

You do have time-they aren't late yet! Hope they do pop out of there for you.

8. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I am at day 20 on Cerole and Wheaton Pendenca but I don't hear any peeping yet. [​IMG]

Good luck!!

jackie

9. speckledhen

Jackie, we sure want to see those chicks when you can take pics. These are your first for that breed, aren't they? Can't wait to see the eggs in six months!

10. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I just went out to the coops and my banty broody is sitting on three eggs. Today is 21, but I really thought they weren't any good. I candled on Sunday and thought I should see more, but gave it a few more days just to make sure. Well, they are out their peeping and it looks like one has pipped! Pipped, is that the right term? One little hole. How exciting! Yea!!! I will soon be the proud mama of one of Dipsy Doodle Doo's frizzle cochins and two easter eggers. She's done way better than I did with my incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by