Who is Breeding Good Quality New Hampshire Reds?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by speckledhen, Nov 13, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have someone who is interested in some that are better than hatchery stock, but I cant recall who here breeds them. Anyone know?

2. speckledhen

Shameless bump here-someone I know is looking for New Hampshires and doesn't want hatchery birds. Anyone have a lead for me?

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know they're "just" hatchery birds, but I've always liked the NHR I've gotten from McMurray Hatchery. They've always been friendly and laid very well for me. I'm getting some more in the spring from there.

4. speckledhen

Good to know, Katy. Ill tell my friend.

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Hey Cyn, I just saw this website of a Maran Breeder . Says he works on New Hampshire as well! If they are as nice as the Maran in the photo they should be good.

6. speckledhen

Adam, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! One of my customers really wanted some from a breeder and she will be absolutely thrilled. You're a peach! [​IMG]

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    No problem, I'm just a bad employee who was not ready to come back to work today so I am hiding in my office and making my girls do all the work while I look up chicken breeders! [​IMG]

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I'll check with a friend but she is rebuilding her strain after a dog massacre and may be reluctant to let any go. Are they looking for roos, hens, or both?

9. speckledhen

Just hens. She lives in a suburban environment and I'm not sure she can have a rooster or would even want one at this time.

10. speckledhen

My customer emailed the guy, Adam, and she says he seems to be rather unhelpful and "probably holds people like me in disdain" to quote her exactly. So, chickbea, if your friend has any she'll part with, let me know. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by