WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

realsis

Crazy for Silkies
11 Years
Jan 17, 2013
California
Hi friends, I was wondering who will be expecting chicks in April?? My chicks in ordered in January are due to hatch/ship in 12 days!! I'm going to have to work on the brooder really soon!! I'm so excited. it's been such a long wait for me! My final Tally ended up being 7 Female Barred Rocks, 1 Silver Penciled Rock Female, 1 Golden Cuckoo Maran Female, and one Female "Suprise" breed. For Those who would, please say a little prayer my chicks arrive alive and healthy from their long journey. :)

So excited for you, my chicks don't come until the end of May, but I do have some hatching eggs coming the end of April. Hoping all you chicks arrive safely and all peeping. Nice mix, three of them you will know who they are every time you see them, the seven barred rocks should be fun trying to tell them apart. Congratulations, you're about to be a mommy.

I'm hoping to get a small flock of Americanas and a Marans this weekend (maybe Friday). All pullets.

How fun! post some pics after you get them!! what type of Maran are you getting? I got one Golden cuckoo Maran. I've read the breed develops a bit slower than most. where are you getting your chicks from? can't wait to see them! :)

I have 6 true blue whiting and 15 ornamental layers assortment coming the week of April 18th ordered back in Dec. Yay I also already have some chickies 12. that are 5 weeks Monday 2 Jersey giant 1 cuckoo maran 4 ee 1 ss 2 egyptian 1 rose comb brown leghorn 1 welsummer (supposedly all pullets have a suspect ee roo) 6 silkies that are 3 weeks next week and 5 barnyard x eggs simmering in a diy incubator lock down friday.

I have 2 easter eggers, 1 swedish flower hen, and 1 "assorted rare breed" coming next week! Though the day they're expected to hatch/be shipped, we're supposed to get nighttime lows of 25, and highs in the 40s, I'm a bit nervous. I hope they all make it okay!

I think I have chicks coming tomorrow! I say *think* because I never received an email from the hatchery saying they shipped, but my ship date was yesterday. The last time I ordered from this hatchery, they did the same thing: gave me a ship date and then I didn't hear anything until the post office called for me to come and get them. I don't care for that, so I think this will be my last order with them. Anyway, I got 3 blue LF Cochins, 3 splash LF Cochins, 3 barred LF Cochins, 3 Easter eggers, 3 brown Leghorns, 3 speckled Sussex, 3 NN Turkens and 3 Welsummers.

I just got my twelve babies yesterday. They were ordered from Murray Mc murray in Iowa three weeks ago. All healthy and peeping. Very pleased at the health and vitality because its still very cold at night in Wisconsin. I cant wait to find out what I have!

Back
Top Bottom