who is expert in Marek's disease...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nizar, Sep 18, 2011.

1. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    I need emergency my chicks are get strange disease can't stand right and use their knees to walk and their toes are joining together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ozchicken

Ozchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland, Australia
    That is not Marek's Disease. Your chicken has perosis, sometimes called slipped tendon. It's from incorrect feeding. It has been deficient in various vitamins including some of the B vitamins. The trouble with perosis is that you can try to give vitamins quickly and hope for the best, but some damage if severe is irreversible. This seems to be more common in heavy birds during their growth time. If you have a pen of birds on the same feed, I would be supplementing them very quickly with bird vitamins. Some gamefowl people use brewer's yeast for this. Fix your feeding problems for the sake of those who haven't got it yet.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    Ozchicken I don't know how to thank you I wish the best for you. may I ask you a question does eggs have B vitamin, which food carry Vitamin B.

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    B vitamins in yeast and a bit of dried yeast slipped into food will correct most B vitamin deficiencies very quickly.Don't worry about causing sour crop...it won't.

5. Ozchicken

Ozchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland, Australia
    Egg yolks have quite a lot of vitamin B in them so you could try feeding yolks to them. They need more than that though. If you don't have access to bird vitamins, use brewers yeast. If that's not possible use B vitamins for humans. Dissolve it in the drinking water. B Vitamins are water soluble and any excess will pass out the bird.

The main problem here is that the birds are not being fed a balanced ration. I would recommend some type of prepared, balanced feed suitable for growers if you don't have much idea about the nutrient requirements of chickens. Many products are already packaged for you.

6. nizar

nizar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    ozChicken accept this from me

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by