Who is Farmer Lew and is he for HIRE??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kmwright, Feb 9, 2011.

1. kmwright

kmwright Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    Seriously! I saw him appear on 2 projects in the Sacramento area. I need him to come to my house. [​IMG]

2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I LOVE IT!!! How wonderful. I bet he will cheesy grin when he sees this post. [​IMG] [​IMG] He built my 8x8 coop in record time, but it wasn't rushed it is great quality. Plus, my girls LOVE it. Hehe that is priceless.

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I will pass the information along to Farmer Lew. He is presently indisposed.

I am sure something can be worked out.

4. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    Quote:Hi kmwright! Morgan7782 called to let us know this thread was posted, and I got the biggest kick out of it! Do you have a project you need help with? PM, or email, me (HHandbasket messaged you with my email address, I believe) and I am sure we can work something out. I just started a coop for gryeyes, so I will not be available for a while, but we can talk about it and make a plan. Hope to hear from you soon!

~Farmer Lew

5. kmwright

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    I'll PM you. Basically, I have a set up right now that I am not happy with. It works, it was cheap, I did it myself, (well, my husband and I) but I don't think it's practical. Maybe some insight, an idea, and we could get working on it after you're done with Linda!

P.S. I work in the same town where Linda lives, I would love to come by and check out the construction!! Of course, Linda will have to give me the ok. Or I'll crash the party. Either way. [​IMG]

6. ginormous chicken

ginormous chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2011
    Elverta, California
    Nice job everyone! I saw the post on putting together the coop! How does one get involved in hiring farmer Lew? I know there are plenty of messes... Oh.. I uMMm.... meant... projects if you want to come over to this neck of the woods! [​IMG]

7. kmwright

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    Ooh Elverta! You're really close, too!

Farmer Lew is totally going to make this his second job.

8. kmwright

Jun 24, 2010
    Winters, CA
    Also Famer Lew needs to know that the foreman of the project will be my Delaware, Blondie, who is very very very LOUD. VERY. LOUD. You have been warned.

9. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    It's a small small world on this forum, isn't it?

10. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    Wow, this is really taking off! I agree, kmwright, this may turn into a second job! Thanks for the warning about Blondie. I have been WELL supervised on both the previous project for Morgan7782, by a barred rock named Joon, as well as on gryeyes' project by several of her hens and her main roo, Carl. He keeps a close watch on me.

I can be contacted directly by using both the PM and EMAIL functions under my avatar pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by